Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 LS does not have the removable grilles to install foglights. Any ideas on where I should put them? Here is my ride...

I am looking prolly at the lower profile lights from Walmart. I think projector style or OEM would be too big without a place to install them in the grille.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas, and especially any pics of their installation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You got my problem. I have seen somewhere where they put two rectangular under the middle of the bumper. Also You could mount them in the lower middle grille. If I run across the pics Ill post the link.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Can't you just cut all the slots off and install the LT fog grilles in place. It looks like it'll fit. You should go to a used dealer and see how the grilles are hooked up

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ Thanks for the photo...

Yeah, I can prolly do that. I mean I would have to get the inserts then cut my bumper to put them in, but it should not be that big of a deal... Damn I wish my inserts were removable...

Failing that I guess I could install them behind the center lower grill sinse I do not have an auto tranny, I am not worried about airflow...

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does it matter if your auto or standard if you put them there?
Prolly not, except that an auto uses that grille to collect air to cool the tranny fluid. I am not comfortable putting anything in the lower grille of an auto car. Call it a personal concern...

Luckily I have a manual.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I could drill large holes in the cross member of my upper grille and put them in there just like a Rustang... lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
How bout like this Will...

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not too bad. The lower profile lights look alot better than the larger ones if I have to put them on the bottom like that. Thanks for posting the pic.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, but I have the optional 4x4 lift kit. I can run over all but the tallest of midgets without hurting them...

lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.