Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this oil catch from ebay and i wanna install it asap just cant figure out the best spot to mount it... anybody got a suggestion? or has anyone mounted one like this before?
EBAY OIL CATCH

where SHOULD i mount this haha

·
Registered
611 Posts
I would suggest mounting it under the hood.... i had to do it

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA ya i figured under the hood would be where it ends up....

if it helps i got a 2.2
anyone know of a good spot to mount this.. headlight bolt?.. attache it to the plastic engine cover?.. i dont see any spots that would really work well

·
Registered
611 Posts
Does an oil catch can help with an n/a setup?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it does actually, it has to be upright.
well its on a slight angle with the hoses being on the higher side.. hopefully thatll still work.. i just finished.. ill be posting pics really soon

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Here is where i put the mount

Mounting the catch can.. its on a slight angle hopefully that helps, before going any further make sure your hood closes with the can in place

Use a hair dryer to get the hoses on.. it makes this A LOT easier.. just heat the hose up for a minute or 2 then while ur sliding it on heat it up a lil

Run the hoses over to the can

Add ur engine cover (if u still use it, i do cause i dont have time to paint the valve cover)

FINSHED PRODUCT

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks.. i rode on the highway today before work and it worked fine.. its for sure worth the 20 bucks... maybe ill do my first DIY on this... not right now tho casue im at work

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
there's a hose that connects your valve cover and ur intake... its recirculating your blow by gases that have oil mixed in with it.. the oil catch literally catches the oil so it doesn't make its way to your throttle body and make carbon build up and you will wolnt have to deal with cleaning your TB as often... Mike (xfe) did a thread thats a lil more in depth then my quick explanation.. ill hunt it down and post it for u, for 20 bucks its worth it

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

OIL CATCH EXPLANTION, via XFE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.