Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here and new to doing any kind of mods to engines. I've got an 05 Cobalt LS. So I've been reading around the forum and decided I'm going to get a K&N Short ram intake ,but every website I find them on list them as Cold Air intake and Short ram intake, so I'm kinda confused. What websites would you recomend to get one from?

·
Registered
496 Posts
TTR.

Turbotechracing.com

No doubt. I ordered my K&N Typhoon SRI for my 2005 LS and installed it about 2 weeks.
LOVE IT!

Was here 2 days after I ordered it. TTR FTW!
x2

yep, couldnt agree more. just got mine from TTR and installed it a few days ago. TTR had the best price that i found. I paid like $255 altogether, which I cant complain. And i too literally got it a couple days after i ordered. blew my mind

·
Registered
496 Posts
the absolute cheapest I found was $240, onTTR. How much does autoanything.com and Summit charge?

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
turbo tech racing.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
try neverenoughauto.com they have decent prices there too

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was lucky to find a K & N Typhoon intake used for $100. Picked up a cleaning kit for 15 and will install it soon.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was lucky to find a K & N Typhoon intake used for $100. Picked up a cleaning kit for 15 and will install it soon.
damn, thats a good deal. good thing you took it and ran w it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whats better the SRI or CAI?

Does the SRI still make the sound when shifting and what exactly is the advantage of the SRI over the CAI that made most of you get the SRI?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'm confused though. Is it a SRI or CAI?
The K&N is a SRI it is listed as a CAI though
Whats better the SRI or CAI?

Does the SRI still make the sound when shifting and what exactly is the advantage of the SRI over the CAI that made most of you get the SRI?
Basically, both have there advantages and disadvantages.. A SRI will give you better throttle response and low end torque due to less piping and less restriction. SRI's ar generally louder than a CAI also.
A CAI will give you a little more power in your upper RPM range due to the colder air being denser.

But the fact is, an intake is an intake.. The difference is miniscule. Your butt dyno can n ot tll the difference from one or the either

·
Registered
54 Posts
^so what would you suggest? SRI or CAI?

I don't race, so it's not that I'm looking for performance, I'm looking for better sounding and look in the engine bay.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.