Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally decided on the 6000k! But I went to VVME which is a decent priced and I have heard quality hids... I went to order them and the only shipping they have avail is $19.22....... So No thank you.

Where is a good place to order decent HIDS without spending 100's.

I dont want to go the "real route and get a real kit thats 100+ dollars"

Im looking at around 40 ish...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thinking of these. Do I want the Bi-Xenon 9007
or the Hi/low Halogen?

Theyre 6000k looks pure white... Think I may go 8000ks with them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I just went to email the company I just posted about's customer service to ask a quick question about their colors. ( Their 6000k is showing as pure white instead of a slight tint of blue ) and they are closed until the 28th for some holiday -.-

Just my luck.. Im debating ordering the 8000k's from them and just being done with it.. Just afraid of too much blue :/

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
6000k is blue, the higher you go the less visible light for humans. I wouldn't get any higher than 5000k myself. I had 5000ks on my balt and they were blue blue, looked nice but definitely not pure white. If i get HIDs for my miata one day I'm going with 4300k, I like light output and 4300 looks great to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah but see, every vendor is a little different.. Some their 6000ks may be blue, others are pure white with a tint of blue and others are pure white..

This is my problem :(

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Yea, sometimes you just never know what you're getting. I know 6000 for sure has a tint to it, I might even be mixed up when saying 5000k has blue but my supposedly 5000k's and some others rides with them had a tint to 'em. They'll look good though, I just do not get people who want 8000k and up, just wasting money and light unless you are doing it for looks and do not care about seeing anything at night.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah I mean, Im getting these for looks mostly... But the bonus of having super bright and useful light is just awesome XD Thats why Im staying away from 8ks....

So you would say go with 6000k's bi-xenon?

Here is a rough guide to Color Temperatures for our HID bulbs. It is hard to describe HID colors accurately because different people tend to perceive colors slightly differently. 3000k= Yellow, 4300k= Bright White with a hint of yellow, 6000k= Pure white light (some people detect a slight blue), 8000k= White light with a blue tinge, 10000k= Light blue, 12000k= Deeper Blue, 30000k= Violet/Purple.

I just looked and these are "replacement" but they come with a relay harness.. Is this all I need? Or do I need to look elsewhere to get ballasts....

I think ^ thats what I need... Which still is a little more than I'd like to spend but these peoples feed back says their customer support is amazing. so....

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
better than 8's. I had 6's with my first set of HIDs, weren't horrible and you could see pretty well. Only sold 'em because the vendor I got them from sent me the wrong size bulb and even after fabbing a way to get them to fit they would pop out on occasion. Than I got the 5's and they went when I sold the car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gotcha, i edited my post so you may wanna check that out :p

That car was beautiful. I think I have a pic of it saved on my pc :p

I want an ss so bad :[

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I got mine here

Ultra Super Slim Xenon HID KIT D2S H1 H3 H4 H7 H11 H13 9006 9007 9005 6K 8K 12K | eBay

Havent had any issues, well I accidentally left the lights on with the car off, which blew a ballast and they sent me another one for free. But you have to have shipping address in US
What color did you end up with? I am really considering these now! Their 6000k iv seen on videos and their website is what i am looking for!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I am going to go with 6's just waiting for a reply on the guy who posted the eBay link earlier :p where did you get yours swan?

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I have a cheap set for now. They came with my also cheap projectors lol. They are a whole lot better than regular bulbs. Way brighter. I love them. Bought then from ebay

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn... If only I was willing to spend that much. I love halos :[

You think that ebay kit I linked would be ok?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.