Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok new to the forum, not new to owning the cobalt... 05 4dr sport package, but finally decided to spruce it up a bit with a new system, seeing as its hopefully going to be my DD for a while.

I am putting in a 12'' infinity (along with other items for the system) but just wondering if its better to put the sub above the wheel well to save space or right up against the back seat (not allowing me to be able to use the full fold down option)
well give me any advice on install and opinions on where to put it... thanks!

·
Registered
821 Posts
dude holy poop.... Haha... Really.... His boxes have LED's inside them too bro. Hey AllGoodCustoms.... How do they sound? I pm'd you before and you said they sounded fine, but I'm really worried about them rattling around in the trunk if you really love bass like I do and crank it up..... Like I said, those boxes seem super tiny compared to the speakers you have in em... You sure they don't jump around n rattle? Can I get a copy of your rough drafts/sketches scematics if they really are that good?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
if you are good at fab work go with either allgoodcustoms' or golfin's style for sure. the should have plenty of room killarowa. i very well could be wrong, but it looks like theyre ported and have decent enough space

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the only reason I dont want them in the floor is because I want to keep the cobalt for a DD and I like to golf in the summer, thats the main reason Im asking... dont want to take up too much room, or ultimately damage the sub. I think I might go with the wheel well. Thanks for the pics, they helped!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well the only reason I dont want them in the floor is because I want to keep the cobalt for a DD and I like to golf in the summer, thats the main reason Im asking... dont want to take up too much room, or ultimately damage the sub. I think I might go with the wheel well. Thanks for the pics, they helped!
I like to golf in the summer as well, that's why I put the false front in front of the enclosure so it doesn't get scratched from the clubs. And to the Hawaii dude, they sound great inside, the boxes have as much air volume as the ones you can buy. Outside it depends on how much bass your listening too. I was stupid and poor and didn't have money for Dynamat, but if I could do it again that would be a big priority.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Mine's behind the rear seat, just a single 10" MTX. It sits still when driving and what not, cause of the carpet to carpet, but you can move it around if you want.

I'm looking at getting two 12s and there's a "Zennclosures" box on ebay that just puts it right behind the seats...but I move back and forth from college every 3 months...I dunno if I want to deal with having to take them out to move up or down...

Allgood, did you custom make those?

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^^wat happens when u get a flat? lol

i like my just basic box against the seats in the back, only cuz it gives t he subs plenty of breathing room. thats really big on how they will end up sounding, and sound is most important to me, not looks.
I have BCAA, get there within 10 minutes of calling them no matter what to fix anything so no issues, and my subs have to much room to breath the box is ported, and the biggest reason for it was I can still fold down my seats and put my snowboard in my trunk

·
Registered
353 Posts
I got my amp against the back seat, and replaced the stock sub with a proper (non-custom) enclosure. Sounds 10x better than the stock sub! I have the enclosure bolted down to a bracket with a wingnut, so i can take it out in seconds if ever I need the space. System still sounds pretty sweet (including major bass) without the enclosure hooked up!

Black 2010 SS/TC – Debadged | GMS1 | Hahn 3” DP and Catback | AEM intake | GM racing pedals | OZ Ultraleggera rims |DEPO 4th gen projectors w/ 6K HIDs | smoked LED tails | 20% 3M tint |Pioneer z110bt head unit, Alpine PDX-5 amp, Focal speakers all around

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3835837

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.