Discussion Starter #1
Lets see your cobalt!

PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS!

1.year?

2.model? (SC or TC)

3.current hp if dyno'd

4.current mods?

5.any future mods?

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

2.SS/TC

3.in the process of a total rebuild so no dyno yet :(

4.TWM shifter, synapse charge piping, zzp IC, treadstone 3in catback, gutted cat, and a couple interior/exterior mods

5.treadstone stage 4 turbo kit with precision pte5858 cea dual ball bearing billet wheel turbo, wiseco pistons, zzp rods, zzp valve springs and retainers, zzp stage 1 cams, and all kinds of supporting mods

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I will post pics of mine later, unless you look in my garage. But here is what I had and will have again when I finish my payments on this current car.

1. 2009

2. Ss/tc

3. 486whp 415wtq

4. Mods are in signature.

5. Once I get one again, I'm planning a full motor build, bigger turbo, e85 tune, double pumped fuel pump, and hopefully get 700-750whp out of it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice! man I want more something around high 400's but ima stay in the lower 400's just cuz of being on a stock block

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Well if you build the motor (which you are) high 400's is easy to attain. I hit high 400's (obviously) on a stock block (as you can see my mods). Zzp found that at 450ish Hp the rods start bending. I synod the 486whp one time and detuned it for around 440ish. Honestly on these cars, 350-400 is perfect for street use. Any more than that and you just spin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not an SS but faster than most, do I win?
idk yet lol tell us what you got anyway!!!

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Well if you build the motor (which you are) high 400's is easy to attain. I hit high 400's (obviously) on a stock block (as you can see my mods). Zzp found that at 450ish Hp the rods start bending. I synod the 486whp one time and detuned it for around 440ish. Honestly on these cars, 350-400 is perfect for street use. Any more than that and you just spin.
yea thats honestly the mentality im trying to carry into this....lol just sucks knowing with a heavy tune it would make some serious power but like you said it would be too much

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Right. Matt and Ryan from Zzp (whom I know pretty well), found that at almost 500whp on the stock block, they started noticing power drop midway thru the season. That's when everyone found out that the LNF weak point is the rods. Now with the parts you're listing, you can handle an aggressive heavy tune as long as you have a good tuner to tune it properly. I can easily see almost 500whp easily with what you listed for your build. Even a mild tune would get you there.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

LS

238whp,232wtq

Mods: Engine External & Cooling M62 Supercharger w/ 2.8" Pulley 80LB Seimen Injectors K&N LSJ CAI Bad Mab Header ZZP 2.5" Catless DP w/ rear o2 delete 2.25" Catback w/ Magnaflow muffler Dual Pass Endplate w/ Option B CX Racing Heat Exchanger

Engine Internal Wiseco Pistons 10:1 compression Eagle Rods Clevite Bearings ZZP Neutral Balance Shafts Supertech Valves (Intake and Exhaust) Supertech Valve Guides Supertech Valve Seals Supertech Valve Seats Supertech 76LB Dual Springs Supertech Titanium Spring Retainers Cometic Head Gasket

Drivetrain & Suspension Exedy Lightweight Flywheel Exedy Stage 2 Clutch FE5 Shocks/Struts SS/SC Front Sway Bar w/ Moog Bushings Dropzone Springs Moog Endlinks TTR Rear Sway Bar TTR Engine Mount TTR Tranny Mounts

Exterior Style Halo Projector Headlights LED Tail Lights LED 3rd Brake Light MPX Shorty Antenna 17" Enkei 9 Spoke Rims w/ Hankook tires (models unknown)

Interior Style ZZP Triple Gauge A Pillar AEM Wideband Autometer Boost/Vac Autometer Volt Cosmo STS TWM Shifter Bushings 140 MPH Cluster

Took off the supercharger, gonna be getting a bullseye s252

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

LS

238whp,232wtq

Mods: Engine External & Cooling M62 Supercharger w/ 2.8" Pulley 80LB Seimen Injectors K&N LSJ CAI Bad Mab Header ZZP 2.5" Catless DP w/ rear o2 delete 2.25" Catback w/ Magnaflow muffler Dual Pass Endplate w/ Option B CX Racing Heat Exchanger

Engine Internal Wiseco Pistons 10:1 compression Eagle Rods Clevite Bearings ZZP Neutral Balance Shafts Supertech Valves (Intake and Exhaust) Supertech Valve Guides Supertech Valve Seals Supertech Valve Seats Supertech 76LB Dual Springs Supertech Titanium Spring Retainers Cometic Head Gasket

Drivetrain & Suspension Exedy Lightweight Flywheel Exedy Stage 2 Clutch FE5 Shocks/Struts SS/SC Front Sway Bar w/ Moog Bushings Dropzone Springs Moog Endlinks TTR Rear Sway Bar TTR Engine Mount TTR Tranny Mounts

Exterior Style Halo Projector Headlights LED Tail Lights LED 3rd Brake Light MPX Shorty Antenna 17" Enkei 9 Spoke Rims w/ Hankook tires (models unknown)

Interior Style ZZP Triple Gauge A Pillar AEM Wideband Autometer Boost/Vac Autometer Volt Cosmo STS TWM Shifter Bushings 140 MPH Cluster

Took off the supercharger, gonna be getting a bullseye s252
nice setup man id like to see a video of now and after you install the bullseye

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Right. Matt and Ryan from Zzp (whom I know pretty well), found that at almost 500whp on the stock block, they started noticing power drop midway thru the season. That's when everyone found out that the LNF weak point is the rods. Now with the parts you're listing, you can handle an aggressive heavy tune as long as you have a good tuner to tune it properly. I can easily see almost 500whp easily with what you listed for your build. Even a mild tune would get you there.
yea thats why im so tempted to go farther but the guy thats tuning my car was saying that we could make some serious whp but the stock cylinder walls would eventually give....

Not only am I trying to build a beast im hoping that I can build a bullet proof beast for at least around 100k miles since that car has a little less then 18k on it now

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Car right now can do 0-60 in about... However long it would take to hook up on a trailer and go 60 haha. Took off all the sc components yesaterday nd am getting a KILLER deal on a partial turbo kit. I'm excited to see how it all pans out

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Who is your tuner for one and two, the cylinder walls... Really? Lol. You won't come close to pushing through the walls unless he can't tune well and has a lot of detonation. Break in the motor when done. After break in, tune for light boost, continue adding boost and fuel till you get to the boost level you want. Then add timing until you start getting knock. Add a little more fuel where you get knock (if you can) until you can't get any more. Then back off the timing a few degrees. Not that hard. I got 22 degrees of timing advance on my 3076r turbo at full boost at 6k rpms with no knock.

The right tuner makes or breaks you when doing builds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man thats alot of timing on a big turbo build

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

but hey if it aint knocking then who cares

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

oh i just noticed you ran meth to though....

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Who is your tuner for one and two, the cylinder walls... Really? Lol. You won't come close to pushing through the walls unless he can't tune well and has a lot of detonation. Break in the motor when done. After break in, tune for light boost, continue adding boost and fuel till you get to the boost level you want. Then add timing until you start getting knock. Add a little more fuel where you get knock (if you can) until you can't get any more. Then back off the timing a few degrees. Not that hard. I got 22 degrees of timing advance on my 3076r turbo at full boost at 6k rpms with no knock.

The right tuner makes or breaks you when doing builds.
its just that the cylinder walls would get weak over time running high boost and if I ran more than 450 per say then id be getting into higher boost then stock cylinders should experience.....but it really isnt a bother anyway because I dont plan on a built trans anyway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.