Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i have the choice between a 2 door, manual, 2008 cobalt lt thats totally stripped down orrrr a 2009 automatic cobalt ls with everything. whatever one i get im gonna trick out... which one is better? lol

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mines an auto base and its boring but if I were to get a manual base it'd be a lot more fun

·
Registered
90 Posts
manual... I have manual LS with nothing except AC... and I like it. It's slow, but it's a cobalt and I love it

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Depends on the asking price/milage.. You didn't state that. If the same (or close) price/milage, you'de be foolish to buy the 08 striped, when you could come up a model year and have nice options to enjoy while you have the car.
Remember, re-sale time will come around. You would be in a better (finacial) situation selling a newer/well equipped vehicle.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I would definitely go with Manual. I hate to let car itself taking care of the transmisson for me except the car's for my mom. Machine are strong, reliable but stupid. Making decision's really not their type. Beside more stripped down, less breakdown. The only extra option I do need is A/C and maybe cruise control.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'll be honest.. I have a fully loaded manual, haha! Power windows and locks and lots of toys inside(and a turbocharger) with my spiffy manual transmission. If it just came down to stripped down manual or loaded automatic, I'd get the manual because thats my preference. But you should think about what will make or break a car for you. Some people like the toys and don't care about transmission. Others want the manual and don't care about toys. Mileage, price and the general condition of the car is really important too. So you have to think about all the general car buying stuff as well, not just transmission.

And its ok to decide you want the manual but you would also like a nicer car to wait until you find one. When it comes down to it, you might have to kiss a lot of frogs. (I did. It took forever to find my car.)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
haha i have a stripped down and auto so a manual would def be an upgrade lol but my car does me fine until im done with college which is in 2 years then def getting a SS

·
Registered
429 Posts
i have a fully loaded auto with the exception of rims and a sunroof sadly but the auto has grown on me,but if i ever get the money i wanna get a tranny swap,lol. yes i know its expensive and a long process,but i love everything about my car and i dnt want to go through all the trouble of buying a manual,and selling this. and i dont wanna interchange all the parts,id rather just eventually have a shop do a tranny swap with a short throw. but other than that i love all the options i have,power windows and mirrors and everything are ftw

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aw man i love manuals but i feel like it would get annoying driving a manual around all the time? and the 09 cobalt has more horses...

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

i have a fully loaded auto with the exception of rims and a sunroof sadly but the auto has grown on me,but if i ever get the money i wanna get a tranny swap,lol. yes i know its expensive and a long process,but i love everything about my car and i dnt want to go through all the trouble of buying a manual,and selling this. and i dont wanna interchange all the parts,id rather just eventually have a shop do a tranny swap with a short throw. but other than that i love all the options i have,power windows and mirrors and everything are ftw
thats pretty much my situation... i currently have a 09 wit everythin but the sunroof... i like the looks and its in better condition but my bro has a manual that i tried to trade him for... he said he'd give it to me at the end of summer butnow im having second thoughts... how much would it cost to put a manual in my auto? a tranny swap or whatever. aha

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was in the same situation so I said screw both cars.

Went and found one with all the options and manual. A lot harder to find but worth the extra money.

I do wish I got an automatic some days though. I have a Z28 for a "fun" car.

·
Registered
429 Posts
aw man i love manuals but i feel like it would get annoying driving a manual around all the time? and the 09 cobalt has more horses...

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

thats pretty much my situation... i currently have a 09 wit everythin but the sunroof... i like the looks and its in better condition but my bro has a manual that i tried to trade him for... he said he'd give it to me at the end of summer butnow im having second thoughts... how much would it cost to put a manual in my auto? a tranny swap or whatever. aha
im not sure how much it will cost for a tranny swap but i know if you wanted to keep the stock motor and everything then you will have to get your computer programed to a standard,i pretty much want to find a wreaked ss and just transfer the motor and tranny with the computer over to my car and grab all the good interior stuff while im at it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.