Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to get some black halo headlights for my coupe, anyone have any recomendations. I know nothing about headlights, i want something thats not too blue. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
NONE! Problems from the start in all the different "Generations" of these units. Some have additional wires to cut/splice, LED's quit working, halos do not last, condensation forms in most units, requiring a dryout and resealing the entire seams with clear caulk. And most of all a whole lot LESS light output. Not exactly what I would call and "upgrade!" Seems the el-cheapo (online bidding outlet ones) are no better than the top of the line full retail units. Take your money and put in in a mod you will enjoy and get a performance benefit from...
Keep your stock units and upgrade (wisely) your stock 9007 bulbs.

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yeah I've always read complaints about the halos, and personally i think painted stockies look way better. I use Phillips crystalvision bulbs and they work great. Nice and white light, just a little aiming and done.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I love the "version 2" I have on the SS. No problems w/ them, had them a few months now. Just hooked right up and dropped the hood, and everyone who see's them love 'em. Light output is eh, you just gotta know how to align the lights and take alittle time w/ it. I have no condensation but I am lucky enough to park it in a garage and if not I have a car cover so.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Get them from IZN TRBL. They are by far the best quality on the market and they put the others out there to shame. He will custom build them any way you want.

DO NOT put HIDs in the stock housings.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for speedy replies. I just love the way halos look, lol coudl care less aout more light output or anything like that. I actually dont like the bright blue headlighs. Just loves the way the halos look, i see them on eveyr bmw that passes by and just makes me want them. But now im skeptical on getting them, seems like there to many precautions to take.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Personally, I've had mine for almost a year now with no issues and love them. I bought mine from cobalt addiction (1st gen) they were easy to install simply get some wire strippers, a crimper, some couplers, and find the how-to on ss.net or here. My personal opinion that it is a great exterior mod.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
They look great and i keep hearing mixed reviews on them as well. I want to get them but i guess some places build them better than others

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.