Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So recently for some reason I decided that I might want a Pioneer head unit. I been looking at some pics, and just seen how nice they look compared to the stock radio. I want to know what Pioneer head unit would you guys recommend? Now I understand I have the choice DVD or GPS. I'm not too sure which I want though. I mean I already have a garmin window mounted GPS so I was thinking maybe I should go with DVD. However the GPS head units look rather nice having the gps on there, instead of using a window GPS. So I really don't know what I want. Also I don't really listen to the radio or XM, just my ipod. So it's gotta have Ipod control. So I want you guys to tell me both GPS and DVD which head units might be the best. Also I'm not looking for a 1,000 2,000 head unit either I'm not made of money :laugh: Just something for a decent price but not a cheap looking unit either yanno? Also I need to know if I need to buy anything else besides the unit like special wires or something. The help would be greatly appreciated. Would also be nice if I can use the steering wheel controls still as well. So far I found these 2 that I really liked, but if you guys can recommend better please do.

GPS:Pioneer AVIC-D3 - 2 DIN (i know it's 1,000 but i can prob find cheaper)

DVD:Pioneer AVH-P3100 - DVD Receivers Link changed from P4000 to P31000 cause I like the 31000 better than the 4000

EDIT: Also blue tooth would be nice but if it's gonna cost a lot more then forget it. Also I have a thing to connect the ipod to the head unit it just doesnt work on the stock head unit so i guess im already set with that

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you mean #1 but i've found it for $400 on css and ebay

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you would recommend the AVIC-D3 (first one) then.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i like the second one

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
720 Posts
You can find AVIC D3's for the $400 to $500 range all the time on CL and ebay and car forums as well.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Go for the second one.

I've heard stories about GPS head units not working very well. Besides that you can always use map quest or just buy a seperate GPS unit for $100 or so. Plus it's $500 cheaper.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have one but i like in dash gee pee essss

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok disregard everything as I have made my decision on a FH-P800. Not as fancy as the other 2, but the features it offers are far better than the 2! And I really wouldn't watch movies anyway, and I have a GPS already so I think this is the best one for me! :nuts:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Since you really don't need GPS and you don't think you'll watch DVD's, why even bother with either? Here's a great DD head unit that will control your Ipod:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/Premier/FH-P800BT

EDIT: N/M, looks like you already found it. I listed the Pioneer Premier version, but same thing overall.

Otherwise check out this from Alpine (more than the Pioneer unit, but nicer in my opinion):

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - iXA-W404

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.