• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm generally not a fan of these threads but I want some opinions on which rims you like for my car. I'm not gauranteeing I will go with the majority because I have my favorite but I have it narrowed down to these two.

Here's my car.

Here's the first set. They are Enkeis.

The second set. Motegis

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I almost bought the enkeis for my SS so I'm leaning towards those

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i already have my rims too, i will get a shot of them in the spring, when i get the snowpushers off the car

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Buy 2 of each and mount the sets on opposite sides of the car. That way when you get tired of looking at one set of rims you can park the car so you see the other side until you get tired of looking at that side then you can park the car so you see the other side until you get tired of looking at that side then you can park the car so you see the other side until you get tired of looking at that side then you can.......

·
Registered
768 Posts
I guess I'm the lone voter...lol. I like the look of the motegis a lot better. I've always been a sucker for the beadlock imitations. How much do they cost?

·
Registered
284 Posts
i like the motegis alot... almost got a set too... but i think they would look better in black on your car.... both sets look like a gun metal maybe...

if your going the color shown go with the first set if your going gloss black go with the second set..

they are not a beadlock imitation they are a 3 peice rim or imitation of it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
i like the motegis alot... almost got a set too... but i think they would look better in black on your car.... both sets look like a gun metal maybe...

if your going the color shown go with the first set if your going gloss black go with the second set..

they are not a beadlock imitation they are a 3 peice rim or imitation of it.
Can you explain?

·
Registered
284 Posts
well rims with the bolt pattern (most are imtation and not real) if they are a true 3 peice wheel they are made of multiple parts... held together by the bolts... the bolts are actually holding the face of the rim to the rest of it.

Recarobalt_RLC added 3 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

here is an image that should better help you...

and beadlocks more commonly used on offroad/mud rims actually hold the lip/edge of the tire in so you can change the tires with out a mounting machine

·
Registered
284 Posts
no a three piece is how the rim is made and assembled... a beadlock is made to hold the bead of the tire on..... you actually never disassemble a 3 piece but you do a beadlock.... like i said a3 piece is how the rim is built...

Recarobalt_RLC added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

and you can buy fake versions of both... but the motegi is a 3 piece look alike

·
Registered
768 Posts
AAAAAH! I must've been posting while you were posting the second part of your second post.

Thanks for clearing that up. Those probably get pretty expensive....

·
Registered
284 Posts
if they are real... yeah

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I'm the lone voter...lol. I like the look of the motegis a lot better. I've always been a sucker for the beadlock imitations. How much do they cost?
The Enkeis are 169 each the Motegis are 194 each.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I like the teg's cause I have a set of them and I love them. They wear really well and they are pretty good quality.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.