Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting 4 17 inch aftermarket wheels for my 09 cobalt, but on ebay there are these green GM TPMS that say they work for an 08 cobalt

eBay Motors: Set of 4 Tire Pressure Sensors part #15268606 (item 320358030773 end time Apr-12-09 18:53:00 PDT)

but nobody seems to know if they will work on an 09. I was going to bid on them, but I do not want to waste 40 bucks if I dont have to even though thats a steal for those TPMS.

If those will not work, can anyone direct me to some reasonably priced 09 sensors, or a GM part number so I know what to look for?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
hey

i bought mine from here

eBay Motors: Cobalt Lacrosse Tire Pressure Sensor 15921013 TPS SET (item 330320542245 end time May-07-09 08:04:46 PDT)

they forgot to include the washer like bolt to secure them to the rim
i had to buy them at the tire place i went to for 7.49 for all of them

they work but there just a pain.
i have to go back there today. because when i left the shop everything worked no lights or anything than a hour later my light went on that said to service them. than i went to get gas yesterday and it read the left and right front air pressure and not the rear. now it doesn't read either of them. so i have to go back and have it fixed. because i paid 29.99 to have them reprogrammed.

i really wish i didn't have the tpms because there a real PITA

hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
update.
i went to the place where i got my rims put on they scanned the sensors and showed them coming up as blank which it came up on my dash. so i went to the dealer ship and they said they can look at them and all that for 39.99 so i told them to do it and they had to reprogram the computer so it read the correct pressure since the sensors on the stock rims read about 30lbs psi these tires are bigger and had to read 35lbs psi
so they reprogrammed the computer so it read it and i have no CEL's or anything

glad all that is over because it was just pissing me off

so make sure you don't have the same problem i had with my sensors.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Im ordering the same ones from the same seller, so hopefully my experience will be the same as yours.

·
Registered
610 Posts
if i decide not to put in new sensors will the service light on my dash come on?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yes it will
the light will come on and it will say SVC monitor system or something like that each time you start your car. you can hit info to get rid of that message but the light will blink for a minute and than stay solid

i dont like the looks of lights lit up on dashboards so i got the sensors.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I really don't think these things are too accurate, they never say the same pressure my old fashioned pen gauge thing says, and I'd think that's pretty accurate.

·
Registered
610 Posts
yeah because my the sensors dont always work properly. my dash read 24psi all around and i checked it manually and got 24psi all around but the light still showed. so i took it to the dealer and now it reads 29psi and 30psi for example. these things really are a pain.

·
Registered
610 Posts
cant you just use the old tpms that came with your stock tires?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
those are my winter wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.