Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I am getting my cai..finally! I have been leaning towards the Injen model, but have heard some negative things about it...cuz of the filter. So I have been lookin at the K&N model..would like to hear a few pros and cons on each, or any others... Thanks!

-PEKO

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I custom made mine with a filter, a rubber elbow, and a piece of 4" exhaust tubing

For the MAF sensor, i used a piece of flat bar to mount to, and drilled it out to fit snug

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^yes but I'd rather spend the few extra bucks and get the injen. Thanks for everyones input. If you are right knockbox then I'm gonna go with the injen.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks! if anyone wants an Injen intake go to ebaymotors highperformanceoutlet dealer, they have a deal where you can 20% off..actually they give you 20% back to you around 60 days later..alot like a mail in rebate, but hey, its money back! they are 285ish...so they are cheaper there then anywhere else i have found, plus you get 57ish back...

·
Banned
292 Posts
thanks! if anyone wants an Injen intake go to ebaymotors highperformanceoutlet dealer, they have a deal where you can 20% off..actually they give you 20% back to you around 60 days later..alot like a mail in rebate, but hey, its money back! they are 285ish...so they are cheaper there then anywhere else i have found, plus you get 57ish back...
turbotechracing.com has them cheaper than that all teh time i think i paid 250 for mine and its powdercoated.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
if you want CAI... go injen

if you want SRI.... go K&N
Or you can get both for the same price as a reg cold air since the Injen design made it versatile enough to make it either a SRI or CAI depending on weather or if you just feel like have one or the other. I think it was a great and superior design they did with this and if you still feel unsafe with the fact that they did have issues with the filter you can always buy the dryflow filter that AEM makes . But I am pretty sure they resolved their problem with the filter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Get a stainless steel one. Dissipates heat better. Nothing is better then plastic though.
Actually, stainless gets hotter and stays hotter a lot longer than plastic and aluminum. Stainless doesn't disperse heat well either. Trust me, I studied metallurgy in college and work with the stuff on a daily basis.

If the CAI is close to the engine, plastic or carbon fiber. If it's tucked away from the engine, aluminum. The faster the air rushes in an aluminum tube, the less heat that it holds on to. Plastic and carbon fiber won't hold heat at all, so either way it's a good option.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.