Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this weekend that it seems like there is a bad ground connection somewhere with my amped rear 6x9's. You know the whine that changes pitch when you press the gas. It just started happening this weekend, nothing has been changed and the system has been working fine until now. I have noticed that it has started to get worst over time as well. I have checked all the connections on the amp, car, and speakers. Everything is nice and tight. Could my amp possibly have a bad internal connection? What else might be causing the problem?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The whine is from the alternator. Its either a bad ground or possibly your alternator may be going out.. you can get them tested at auto zone. IDK really.. Just my thoughts..

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking it has something to do with the amp. I noticed that the noise mainly is coming from the left input to the amp. I have tried different RCA cables and still the same thing. Im beginning to think its a bad input jack on the amp and is causing a feedback

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
mine has donethis for the past 25k miles. its weird as you hit the gas the whine gets louder and faster. Idn, i just turn the music up louder =\?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.