Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant tell guys what is better or brighter, the projecotors I have or the stock? I recently put the stock headlights back in, because I had to rewire the halos and L.E.D.S. I thought I was seeing things because the road to seem light up better then before when I had those projectors in. I have the standard ebay projectors that you get off ebay. I have the cool cut off beam and its wider..its wierd..to experience that result because projectors are suppose to be better and more effiecent..has anyone experienced the same thing???

Dan

·
Registered
673 Posts
What bulb do you have in the projectors? Anything over 6k will not be very bright and the closer you get to 4k the better off you are really. Also your mind could be playing tricks on you because on the stock light there is no cut off so the line shines up, out, and down, where as the projectors have the cut off and are also aimed away from on coming traffic.

It could just be that ebay projectors aren't that great either. You get what you pay for, especially in lighting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I cant tell guys what is better or brighter, the projecotors I have or the stock? I recently put the stock headlights back in, because I had to rewire the halos and L.E.D.S. I thought I was seeing things because the road to seem light up better then before when I had those projectors in. I have the standard ebay projectors that you get off ebay. I have the cool cut off beam and its wider..its wierd..to experience that result because projectors are suppose to be better and more effiecent..has anyone experienced the same thing???

Dan
hmm i would say, you are absolutely right about the stockers being brighter than the 1st gen projectors because they are. did you ever see the bulbs in the projectors? lol.. they are a joke. now, if you put in an hid kit, all that will change.. trust me. if i were you, keep your projectors but buy an h1 hid kit and you will NEVER go back to stock.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah, I recently went back to my stockers. I honestly think the stock lighting output is much better than the projectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.