Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be putting together a power window kit for the cobalt coupe w/ cobalt specific instructions.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it wont be like the damn shops i called. they wanted 400-600 bones for my coupe....asses...depends. i haven't quite figured the numbers yet. right now i can only door coupes as thats what i have and i dont know anyone who has a 4 door that will let me do it...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can do both...i've actually been thinking about doing it on the center console but i can do the door panel too

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone have a pic of the bare doors of the sedan?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
okay i had a silly idea... fake cranks i was toying with it at work since my job consists of half hour breaks with some walking in between. like rig two switches up and down in the corresponding directions as a real crank. the crank only would move .25" and wallah, fake cranks. but again, silly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for a 2 door kit w/non illuminated switches i can do it for $185 + shipping. W/ illuminated switches i can do $205 + shipping

·
Registered
53 Posts
bare like without the panels? (sorry i know that sounds absolutely stupid) lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
for a 2 door kit w/non illuminated switches i can do it for $185 + shipping. W/ illuminated switches i can do $205 + shipping
for a 4 door kit, just throw in another 2 door kit, and Presto!!!!!!!!! you have a 4 door kit, lol

time to go raid the poor little unsuspecting 4 door cavi's in the scrap yard!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
great idea about the cavi's

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
great idea about the cavi's
they are from the same line, as a matter of fact, most of the little parts from the cobalt originated on the cavaliers..........they just gave it a new part #

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i believe it

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
and chester, btw, how do i have more posts than you??????

yeah, the power window accessories should simply bolt up to the inside of the cobalt's doorframe with minimal modification. You may have to drill one or two new holes for the window assy. to mount to, but otherwise, wire it as you please. my suggestion for wiring it, try tapping into the electrified post under the hood, then running through the firewall; or go from the battery, one wire to the front of the car, one to the back seat, and split from there; or you can even take your chances, and wire it to the cigarette lighter that hardly no one uses by the e-brake handle because of it's idiotic location.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Great info man...i have a Salvage yard 3 mins from my house. I will give them a call tomarrow i am def going to look into it . Um i hvaent been on too much lately cause of all the bickering , fighting, and people getting threads off topic so fast and easily. I figured a lil time a way could help me out. But anywho switching over to power windows may seem cheaper than i thought.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Great info man...i have a Salvage yard 3 mins from my house. I will give them a call tomarrow i am def going to look into it . Um i hvaent been on too much lately cause of all the bickering , fighting, and people getting threads off topic so fast and easily. I figured a lil time a way could help me out. But anywho switching over to power windows may seem cheaper than i thought.
not many people know that, so take it and run man.

Make sure to get the rocker switch with it, then you save even more on that, cause it would just end up needing to be wired into straight power.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
bare like without the panels? (sorry i know that sounds absolutely stupid) lol
yes i need to see the bare metal...no panels or plastic that is glued onto the metal..

and if you guys want to get power windows else where please take it to another thread and stop side bashing mine

Alpha_Male1 added 30 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

What you are getting...I will also be giving support online or by phone if needed.

Coupes:

- 2 (two) high torque units. one for each door
- 2 (Two) switches
- Cobalt Specific gears. The stuff that turns the crank
- cobalt specific wiring
- cobalt specific color pictured instructions. Detailed and very simple. Basic skills only
- Motors have thermal protection
- All screws, bolts, brackets, needed
- All wiring included
- Wont alter window mechanism
- Motors used are for over sized windows so they are faster than stock power windows
- Motors are also extremely quite.

Sedans....Coming Soon:-D

I will contact crateenginedepot.com to see if i can get some stock switches and mounting plates that way it will look completely stock

·
Registered
97 Posts
do you have pics of the switches?? and wont some modding need to be done if we want to put them on the door handle? nice work im very interested.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.