Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what were the reasons, you guys decided to buy a cobalt?
My reasons are..
  1. I always like cobalts since they came out, i used them in every racing game i ever owned.I don't know why i like them so much but i did.
  2. It was a car that my dad would actually let me buy.(Sedan,Auto and a Compact Car)
  3. I was looking for a newer car with low miles on it and the cobalt it fit that perfectly.
  4. I wouldn't have to pay to much for monthly payments and insurance wouldn't be to bad.
  5. I saw there was a lot of modding options.
  6. I think it looks sexy and its not a ****ING SLOWBOLT.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
because I didnt know what I was doing or even what a "Cobalt" was until I bought it

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
1. I've liked them since I seen the pre production one in 04.
I almost traded my 04 Canyon on one in 1-06 but the sales person was a complete ass and i got a better deal on a 06 MZ3

2. I like how the interior is a nice simple design that also looks good. Some say it looks cheap. But I don't care I like it.
3. The retro look with the round tail lights on the coupe.
4. Also wanted to get one before they stopped making them because I do not like the Curze.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have a cobalt because i was a dumbass kid.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Jk but i should have waited and got an SS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Because it was not to a bad looking car easy on gas and real cheap price tag, and pretty fast for a four banger and yea cheap insurance, would i buy another one, most likley not

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
THOUGHT insurance would've been cheap
THOUGHT I'd leave it stock
THOUGHT It'd look nice stock
THOUGHT wrong. . .
Would I buy one if I could go back . . .not a four door auto. . .most likely a 2dr xfe.
I LOVE BLACK CARS!
Low mileage and my first newer car, i had a 1998 Blazer(2007) and a 2001 ZX2(2008-2009)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought mine because:

1) With the Chevy discounts and roll backs at the time I saved $7000 off the price tag at signing
2) I loved the victory red
3) It was turbo
4) highly do it your self customizable
5) 260hp stock impressed me
6) loved 95% of the interror
7) was a rare car in my city. 14 months after I bought my car I have never seen another victory red TC. Just a few silver and black ones.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Pretty much in this order:

Wanted to buy domestic.

Wanted something fuel efficient.

Figured they worked out most of the bugs in the Cobalt after 5 years of production.

The price, $12800 out the door, made it almost too good to pass on. That price included 7% sales tax and there was no trade in.

Relatively affordable Chevy service.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
My Camaro got wrecked, was driving my mom's Pacifica to my new job, and she had a rental Cobalt sedan. I was pretty impressed with the car, and we ended up finding one that Enterprise had for sale (mine).

Doing it again, I would've bought a new or used SS (SC or TC) - or a 4th gen LS1 Fbody...

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yep - for the same amount of money, I'd be in the 11s, and have t-tops. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
For what I was looking for: 30mpg hwy with an auto, compact, cheap, I had 3 choices. Focus, Neon, Cobalt (base models).

The focus had more get-up-and-go than both but I hated the look of the front-end and the road noise was TERRIBLE. The Neon seemed incredibly slow. So, I went with the balt which was a happy medium.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.