Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just swamped out my old pioneer unit for the jvc kw-av61 and I noticed a huge difference in sound quality. Anyways I want to hook up my subs and there seems to be only one dedicated sub out female instead of two for the RCA cable. Do I have to by an adaptor or just plug only one RCA in there? Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Since there is no stereo component in bass you only need one output. You can use a "Y" splitter to the input of the sub amplifier.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah, what ever ends you need to connect your sub.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Why not use the rear ours and just adjust the amp?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
???

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Most CD players (shoot even aftermarket cassette players) have Front and Rear, or just Rear RCA outs. You can run your Rear set to your amp for your subs, you just have to make sure the amp is in LPF and adjust the Frequency response on it to make sure you're not getting anything the sub shouldn't get.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Most CD players (shoot even aftermarket cassette players) have Front and Rear, or just Rear RCA outs. You can run your Rear set to your amp for your subs, you just have to make sure the amp is in LPF and adjust the Frequency response on it to make sure you're not getting anything the sub shouldn't get.
you could do that, but a dedicated sub output is always preferred...it will have the LPF built in, and most radios will even give you the option to choose the crossover frequency and sub level on the radio

most sub amps will be wired mono as well, and often if you just plug in the right or left input (depending on the amplifier) it will play without needing the Y-adapter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.