Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the number one setting on the blower motor make a noise?

It's a weird rattling noise only on one, and sometimes the number one setting wont work unless I turn it to number two then back, I've heard it was common on 05 Pursuits and Cobalts.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

its a clicking noise.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Mine does it - it sounds like bad bearings.

·
Registered
931 Posts
wow theres like 3 threads on this that popd up in like the last week..

but yeah mine does too... just gave up tryin to fix it... turn the radio up lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
mine too i just noticed it the other day. its annoying as hell

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Mine is already starting to make the noise and I'm only at 10,000 miles. I am just gonna wait a while and have it warrantied lol.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mine has done it since the day I drove it off the lot with 5 miles on it. Also inthe three years I've had the car the sound has not gotten worse or better... kinda weird

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has done it since around 20000kms. It's an '07. Drives me spare as speed 1 is the only way to keep fog off of the windows without cooking onesself. :p Already took it to the dealer. They say: Can't reproduce.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our Saturn Ion we had the exact same problem as did our Colorado. Setting one is junk. I am guessing all of these vehicles are using the same blower motor (and a cheap one to boot).

They replaced it on both the Ion and the Colorado, with the noise returning within a year or so. However, the best fix was for the Colorado as there was an insulation kit or something they put around the blower, which seemed to dampen the noise.

That seemed to be the biggest culprit, that on low setting there wasn't enough ancillary noise to drown the 'bearing' sound out, that was 'hidden' on the higher settings.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
56 Posts
GM blower motors have always been loud. It gets worse over time. Even worse if the blower motor has to be removed for any reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.