Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me but I think the supercharged cobalts are better... I like it because it's more rarer than an turbo car. Lot's of cars are turbo, but you don't see superchargers to much. I think it leaves a better sound. Even though turbos might be more powerful I like superchargers better. Anyone with me? Lol yeah its a dumb thread

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Explain. Which cars have them^^^^ of course there not uncommon i didnt say that, what I said was there more rareer than TURBO cars. Durrrr

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I agree, I like SC balts better, and its not like they cannot be just as fast. For about the same as going turbo or less you can just get a TVS and put down great numbers. Even the lil m62 can make good power and you can make them handle just aswell or better, that is what modding is all about, if GM did everything we'd all just have the same cars.. Cannot beat the whine either, the BOV's get pretty annoying, my turbo balt buddy says he was fed up wit the BOV after one day and after driving around with him following I agree, its pretty annoying and he wasn't even really trying to get it to go off.

And I agree with the rarer part, not alot of 4 bangers sporting an SC

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Is it just me but I think the supercharged cobalts are better... I like it because it's more rarer than an turbo car. Lot's of cars are turbo, but you don't see superchargers to much. I think it leaves a better sound. Even though turbos might be more powerful I like superchargers better. Anyone with me? Lol yeah its a dumb thread
nope. there's a reason turbo's are more common. superchargers sound sweet but is that really enough to get one over a turbo?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
i like superchargers cause they are a lot cheaper and a lot easier to maintain
oh yea, love the old and reliable tech. No warm up and no having to let the car sit after a drive to let it cool and such, but a turbo timer can make that easier. My friend has one on his mazda, we got to stores and such and he shuts the car off and we walk away and people look like "omg, they are leaving their car running."

As for big numbers and SC's not making them? thats just a comment I roll my eyes at. They have potential to make some nice numbers. I love the no lag at all part with SC's too.

Wouldn't mind a Turbo balt but I love my SC. Plus it shocks alot of people when they see it or I tell 'em its supercharged. Especially at shows, you can walk down the roll of cars and crap and its like "oh, turbo, turbo, turbo... another turbo. WOOO... stop, an supercharger? hahaha

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.