Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm painting my trim pieces and on 2 of them the paint keeps wrinkling for some reason. Does anyone know why? I'm using krylon paint and I sanded them before painting. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never put a sticker on it and its doing the same thing on the trim that goes around the radio and A/C controls. I'll try that though and see how it works

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Agreed. I'd think there is a residue of some sort on there. I used the same stuff, didn't even sand it down when I did mine.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
mind telling us your procedure?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure, I cleaned the parts, then sanded them with 400 to give the paint something to stick to, cleaned them again, sprayed on the first coat and let it sit overnight (ran out of daylight), then this morning lightly wet sanded with 1000, cleaned them, and applied a second coat and that's when this mess began.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Nothing different than I would have done. Have you tried a different can of spray?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, all I have is the Krylon. But I had an idea. Went down to Home Depot and got a small can Valspar Exterior. Rolled it on and it's looking promising. I'm going to do the same procedures as if I was spraying and I'll keep ya'll informed on the progress and how it turns out.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I meant a different can of the same stuff. Are you talking about paint? Valspar what?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Looks like moisture bubbling to me.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Strato is right. I would try a primer first, then paint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.