Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Any Parts store will have a scanner, and they can give you the code numbers, write them down and let us know. IT should be free to scan the codes.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
If car's running fine, in most cases, the check engine light's on due to some faulty sensor (emissions), or vehicle threw a code fm malfunction. If you don't have the means to self-scan, take car to auto parts/auto repair and they can scan for diagnostic codes. Pretty much any/all vehicles are run by computers so without the codes you're shooting in the dark.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Evap

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Actually only like $14. $9 for scan tool and $5 for Torque Pro.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
i spent closer to 15 on the obd2 thing, either way its worth it....
there is an app that will work for iphone as well, don't remember what its called..... i have heard that it works good though, i couldn't say for sure... i refuse to buy Apple products...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Same here, you just have to make sure your scan tool is CANDi ready, most of them are now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
coby, do u know of any other scanner or device that offers all of those features or more that the torque app does but connects other than to a phone? my phones is almost completely full of info there is no room left to add any more apps!is there another scan tool i could buy that offers like features of torque app? or... thnx i like the idea of seeing all real time gauges etc.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
delete a useless app, if your phone is full of apps i'm sure there's bound to be one useless app.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can also load the APP to an Android tablet. I haven't seen anything better than Torque Pro. They're developers are really on the ball with updates almost every other week. It is pretty bug free now.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
same here, no problems works great. I use it every day to monitor different things on my durango

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, turns out i got it turned off for the time being

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did they disconnect your battery?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.