Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Cobalt SS has a different power steering "rack" than the other models of Cobalts because the SS is designed to have much-wider tires.

I don't know what to tell you about dropping the car, though.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
similar question need answering quickly!

will a 225/45/17 tire fit on a cobalt without rubbing issues?? i can get a steal on a set and im wondering if they will work for the rims im planning on getting

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Should fit just fine. Plenty of people are running 225/40R18s, and I've even seen 235/40R18s on some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was just wondering what would be the widest tire with the deepest offset possible. i want to be able to put a deep looking rim lip on as possible

·
Registered
872 Posts
well there arent any true deep dish wheels available for our cars unless u get adapters or wheel spacers. widest wheel ive heard of is 9.5. offset can be as much or little as you want as long as you know what you're doing as far as suspension and fitment goes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
similar question need answering quickly!

Will a 225/45/17 tire fit on a cobalt without rubbing issues?? I can get a steal on a set and im wondering if they will work for the rims im planning on getting

that is the current size im running now on eiback sportline 2 inch drop and no rubbing here..going to 18 in a few weeks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.