1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
yes. definately fix em

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The Urethane CAB's usually fail quicker than the stock ones.

Anyways, your alignment is probably off. I know they cannot do an alignment with busted CAB's.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And just to double check!

And just to double check the bushing that goes is the serviceable one at $30 a side versus $400 for the whole control arm?

A) Control arm non servicable at $400 something!

B) Control arm bushing serviceable.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Both bushings are serviceable. I had mine completely fail. The big pucks at the pack of the arm (B going in to the bottom of A) sheared out of its mounts on both sides. You have to press the old ones out. Same with the fronts, but i highly doubt that those failed. Its a rubber tube on a mount basically.

But you can press them all out to change them, its annoying, but I did mine at school on lunch one day. If you hear an odd squeak coming from the front of the car, it could be failed mounts as well.

Another set of stock, or I upgraded to Prothane because of cheapness and availability.

Any questions, just ask. I won't be around much, but I've changed these out.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You only really need to ever change the entire control arm out if the control arm itself is broken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to replace my bushing to because the rubber seperated from the outer ring.
Anyways, I bought the new bushing but i noticed that it looks a tiny bit different than my old one. My new bushings have "nipples" - YEAYYYYY!!!!.
Just wondering if there is a side that has to shop up or down (I am probably confusing)
Please see my very detailed blueprint of my bushing (took my 3 hrs with AutoCAD)

·
Registered
745 Posts
you can do them yourselve. bought my prothane from never enough auto. just email someone or call them to order them for you cobalt.

i serviced mine, myself

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.