Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
you'll be fine.. ive been running progress springs for over 20k now without any issues other than knowing i should upgrade my endlinks soon cuz im getting the typical cobalt clunk lol..

Fe5 struts may be a good idea for the future if you really wanna get the most out of your suspension, but if you like me and just wanna be not-so-4x4 and improve your handling all at once the stock fe1 struts will be fine

·
Registered
177 Posts
padlock i dont think its your endlinks i think its your strut mounts... try spraying some pb blaster in the top of whichever side its coming from.. so if its left side spray it in the top of the strut mount there are gaps.... mad my clunking go away for about a week then it started slowly coming back

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Everyone that I've talked to said your struts will only hold out for so long when using lowering springs. I would purchase the stock suspension for the SS, it gives you drop and you get semi performance struts with the springs. Only problem is finding them!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wanna try and get some of these springs, I just dont want to have to replace my struts a couple thousand miles down the road. I like the drop on padlocks car though!

·
Registered
287 Posts
They wont go right away. Progress springs dont give you that drastic of a drop where its gunna kill your struts/springs.

Im on sportlines and there lower than Progress, and the ride is fine. Yes, lowering the car will make the struts wear FASTER than normal. But not drastically fast. Besides Fe1 stock suspension is terrible anway.

When I come up with the money, Im getting the Fe5 struts/shocks from CED. WAAAY better setup than the Fe1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.