Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naturally, I'm worried that my dealer will go crazy if they see lowering springs on my car.
Its got 9K on it so it's still covered under warranty.
So will they? :notrust:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have to go in right now, but I was just wondering what they would do in case it did. I don't even have springs, etc on it yet.
I wish I did. I'm getting sick of the 4x4 look. lol :laugh:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My dealer didnt mention anything about my SSC Springs or Koni struts. They refused to replace motor after reading on the forums it was modded and had a tune. Ill just say they lost the fight and replaced my motor under warranty :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Naturally, I'm worried that my dealer will go crazy if they see lowering springs on my car.
Its got 9K on it so it's still covered under warranty.
So will they? :notrust:
I was once told that suspension components and even steering could be damaged by lowering a car.
. I have to believe that it depends more on the dealer's service department. In our case Our cobalt is now our 'family' car so I had to install back stock springs so we dont have the problem

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The trick is to install the stock springs before going in for service.

Anyways, the only thing that they may have issue with on a lowered car is mainly related to the suspension components, especially if you must cut the bump stops. I'd say instead of slamming the car, go for the 2008+ FE5 springs/struts/shocks from the SS/TC. Those should be safe enough while giving the car a significant increase in handling and lowering the car enough to remove the "I'm driving a S10" feeling. Plus they have GM part numbers, so the dealership may not even bother to verify that they belong on that car.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
The trick is to install the stock springs before going in for service.

Anyways, the only thing that they may have issue with on a lowered car is mainly related to the suspension components, especially if you must cut the bump stops. I'd say instead of slamming the car, go for the 2008+ FE5 springs/struts/shocks from the SS/TC. Those should be safe enough while giving the car a significant increase in handling and lowering the car enough to remove the "I'm driving a S10" feeling. Plus they have GM part numbers, so the dealership may not even bother to verify that they belong on that car.
This is a very good suggestion.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
I don't have a warranty. :laugh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have a warranty. :laugh:
Warranty got sucked into the supercharger, huh? :bigsmile:

Either way. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably keep my stock parts for backup.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also keep all stock parts on my cars when they are under warrenty (neither of them are anymore) and just change them out when warrenty work is required. Then there's no argument at all.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Warranty got sucked into the supercharger, huh? :bigsmile:

Either way. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably keep my stock parts for backup.
Ha, no, I bought my car used.

·
Banned
58 Posts
My dealer didnt mention anything about my SSC Springs or Koni struts. They refused to replace motor after reading on the forums it was modded and had a tune. Ill just say they lost the fight and replaced my motor under warranty :)
That's a story I wanna hear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.