Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i found a set of 18s on craigslist that I love the looks of and are a good deal with brand new tires. the only thing is the fitment is a slight issue. the rims are 5x112 with a 35mm offset so i figure i could run either an adapter or wobble bolts but i dont have any experience with either and was curious if they'd be sketchy. also, with the 35mm offset not 42, how much of an issue would lowering it be? thanks for any input

·
Registered
872 Posts
well the offset might be an issue in the rear, unless u dont go very low w/ the springs. i wouldnt recommend lowering w/ that offset though, cuz if u accidentally hit a big bump ur screwed...

as for the spacers if u get a good, quality set they can be jsut as good as a regular wheel hub. if they're great price w/ tires id say go for it!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
So i found a set of 18s on craigslist that I love the looks of and are a good deal with brand new tires. the only thing is the fitment is a slight issue. the rims are 5x112 with a 35mm offset so i figure i could run either an adapter or wobble bolts but i dont have any experience with either and was curious if they'd be sketchy. also, with the 35mm offset not 42, how much of an issue would lowering it be? thanks for any input
i think i know what your talking about with the wobble bolts. they are special made lug nuts for fitting an off sized bolt pattern. you could do that. ive seen it done on a few cobalts down here. and the offset would be awesome! can you post some pics of the rims?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
exactly. they say you can go of by as much as 4mm and so 1mm shouldn't be too bad in theory. its mostly fiat guys that run em but im still kinda worried about trying em. heres a stock pick of the rims btw

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.