Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2008 Cobalt Sport Sedan. It is a nice vehicle and handles well with a decent ride. The vehicle currently has 28,000 miles on it. The only problem I notice is that at about 55-60 MPH there is a fair amount of wind noise around the drivers side window. There does not seem to be much air getting into the vehicle, but the noise does not seem natural. (Does not happen on passenger side) Is this a problem anyone else has encountered? I have checked on rubber stripping and everything seems to be in tact. Any ideas? The car is still under warranty, but thought I would check here for any advice.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Welcome!

If the car is under warranty, I'd just let the dealer deal with it! My guess is that there may be something wrong with the weather stripping, or your window is not properly aligned..

My car is a 06 with 37xxx and i have no wind noise

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks OBZ

Thanks, I never thought about the window not aligning properly, but it does seems like the window is open a bit, even though it is not. Your car sure looks sharp!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just traded in my old Saturn SL1 for a shiny new '09 Cobalt on Wednesday. The Saturn had the same problem, and it was caused by the window being misaligned towards the front. It just needed a gear replaced inside the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks MBUC. Did you do the work yourself or have the dealer do it? How long did it take the dealer to complete the work? Congrats on the new Cobalt. Hope it works out well for you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did it myself - the most difficult part was just taking apart the door, after that I just put in a new gear assembly that came from a car in a junk car lot. It probably took me an hour and a half to two hours - but it would've been a lot faster if I'd taken off the door once before.

And thanks, I love it so far.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have no problem withthe noise and what kind of 09 cobalt did u get??????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just took the car into the dealer and they had to order new rubber stripping for around the door. Evidently, at some point the window was rolled up and did not seal properly against the rubber. The rubber became disformed and because it has memory it is near impossible to reform. Thus the dealer ordered the new stripping and will replace when the part arrives. Wow, $9000! That is a great deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.