Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone with a base model, Have you ever tried replacing your stock cheapo looking plastic window cranks with a different set? Possibly Billet aluminum ones. Or I was looking at chrome ones that were originally found in 60's and 70's Chevrolet's. I think it would add a very nice touch that no one else has done before. I can buy some brand new that were from the 1st gen camaro for about $15. The billet aluminum ones are way more expensive though.

If you have done it before, was it easy to do? And also post up some pics.

·
Registered
924 Posts
That would be a nice touch, it would match the interior door handles.

The window cranks are the typical pin lock type, you will have to pop out the round clip from the under side, then it will simply slide out, installing is much easier, just install the clip in the crank, then line it up right, then simply push it back on.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Proper tool helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
No need for the tool. A simple towel can slide behind it and push the pin out. I'd imagine almost any old Chevy window crank would fit I imagine. They look the same as my '85 Chevy truck's cranks.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I use a precision screw drive, which I bent the tip of, it works wonders, yea, just added some kickers to replace my dead speakers, so I just did this yesterday.

I think the window crank connector is more common than you think, I bet many universal ones fit it, as long as its not the screw in type.

·
Registered
803 Posts
No need for the tool. A simple towel can slide behind it and push the pin out. I'd imagine almost any old Chevy window crank would fit I imagine. They look the same as my '85 Chevy truck's cranks.

^^this!! its easy to slide a cloth or old tshirt behind it and pull up. the pin pops right up, put the pin back on the crank with the washer in place and push. its back on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.