Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have those black windows guards that stop the rain and stuff from getting in? I am thinking about getting them since I think they look good, espically since my car is black. Are they easy to install?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I want to get them but i dont want the ones that have double sided tape to hold them on cause they never fit or stick well...i like the ones that just slide right into the seals of the windows ...i dont know if any company has made them with that yet the only ones i have seen were the double sided tape ones . If i were to get them i would get them color matched to my car for a cleaner look

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I stopped at Autozone and asked and the guys said they are $46.00 for the 2 DR and only have the double sided tape. Now who knows if it's true but he said he has them on his car for the past 3 years with no problems. He doesn't have a Cobalt he just meant on his car, whatever it is.

I think I will try it no matter what, 46.00 isn't too bad, hopefully they just don't fall off!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
nahhh its not that bad of a price at all but i like the ones that slide in place....i had them on my old truck and they worked great. I dont trust the double sided tape they dont hold for that long and with the ones that slide in place you can take them out whenever you want for things such as car shows and what not i just like how you can still have your windows cracked when it rains and when its hot ....i know two brands are VENTSHADE and the other is AVS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look into it, I dont trust the tape all that much either, so I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a set of them on mine. Almost a year now. No problems.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Pics ?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
i've got the weather tech ones on my car. they're not super dark but they're dark enough. they were alittle more expensive than the stickem guards they were like 60 bucks. but i like a very clean look with my stuff and i've just never been a fan of the stick on gaurd. but i've been very happy with them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had them on my jeep for 5 years with no problem so the tape thing is nothing to worry about. Im getting them soon as I get a chance. I was thinking about painting mine to match the car. what you think bout that or just keep them black?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
definitally get them colored matched thats what i would do i am still debating on gettin them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.