Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide how dark i should go.. i was thinking 10% in the rear windows, 20% for the driver and passenger, and 30% for the front windshield.

or something like 20 or 25% all around, my main concern is not getting pulled over by police 24/7.. the car already stands out.. i dont wanna go too dark and attract to much heat.

if you guys can post percentages with a pic that would work nice. also if you've gotten pulled over cuz your tint.

·
Registered
985 Posts
5 rear and 35% (23% total with film and factory tint) in the front
no tickets, never been pulled over for it
have had rear tint for 4-5 years now and front tint for a week

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got 5% all the way around, and a 9" strip across the windshield. Very illegal but looks badass. Check out my showoff thread for pics
i like your tint.. i dont think i can get away with that though, gonna have to go lighter

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Have 30% in front and 10% back

this looks just about right, 10backs, 30sides, did you do the front windshield at all?

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

5 rear and 35% (23% total with film and factory tint) in the front
no tickets, never been pulled over for it
have had rear tint for 4-5 years now and front tint for a week
acouto, your back looks good, do you find it hard to see out the back at night though? and your blind spot?

also u got any pics of your front tint? didnt see any in your showoff

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It took at least a month to get used to it, now I couldnt go back. It is a bit hard to see out ofat night, but it also stops the blinding HID's from the big trucks around here when they tailgate you

fronts are here
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior-exterior-styling/29428-tinted-my-front-windows.html
lol ya i hate it when ******s with bright lights tailgate.. i think im gonna go with 10% in the back juss to be safe.. n prob 30-25 for the front side windows. i have the black cloth interior so it should be enough

is it worth tinting the front windshield? is it illegal?

·
Registered
985 Posts
lol ya i hate it when ******s with bright lights tailgate.. i think im gonna go with 10% in the back juss to be safe.. n prob 30-25 for the front side windows. i have the black cloth interior so it should be enough

is it worth tinting the front windshield? is it illegal?
illegal to do the whole thing almost everywhere. usually you can only do a 3-8" strip from the top that acts like a permanent sun visor. Usually look pretty ghey, i wouldnt even consider it on a yellow car unless you blacked out the roof.

·
Registered
191 Posts
See signature pic. 35% up front to pass inspection and not get any $250. tickets. 20% in the rest. Would love to do the windshield but that would be very noticeable. I've seen a few done though. Looks bad-ass!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
sorry for late response,but no nothing was done to the front windshield. IDK if its a law here in TX, but nobody has their front tinted. I personally have never even heard of that

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k i think most ppl dont.. but i have seen some ppl tint there fronts.. i guess there taking a chance with the law

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ray69,

You can legally have a sunstrip down to the AS1 which is usually in the top left hand corner of your car when your sitting in it. At least that's legal here in Florida..

I have stopped many cars with front windshield tint and could careless. I'm 100% for it as long as the people are getting it done are for the right reasons.

I backed out of having my front windshield done with 35% just because 5% all around was already dark enough you cant see in.

I can only vouch for Florida but can look up Toronto if needed

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think running any tint on the front windows is a BAD idea. I mean, you wouldn't drive at night with your sunglasses on, would you. Well, you almost have to if you want to avoid getting blinded by people who run HIDs in their halogen reflector housing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think running any tint on the front windows is a BAD idea. I mean, you wouldn't drive at night with your sunglasses on, would you. Well, you almost have to if you want to avoid getting blinded by people who run HIDs in their halogen reflector housing.
Kcg, do you mean the front windshield or front windows? I've driven several vehicles with 35% on the front windshield and its not bad at all. You can only tell on a really dark street with bad weather.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.