Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read this on the Illinois DMV website...not too happy! Getting my side windows tinted was the one modification I wanted to make as soon as I could.

625 ILCS 5/12-503

Tinted Windows - Install”

Effective Date: 01/01/10

Public Act: 96-0530 House Bill: 4327

Synopsis:
Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code. Provides that a person may not install or repair any sign, poster, window application, reflective material, nonreflective material, or tinted film upon the front windshield, sidewings or side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver. Provides that a first violation is a petty offense with a fine between $50 and $500, and a second or subsequent offense is a Class C misdemeanor with a fine between $100 and $500. Provides that an installer may install window treatment for who is legally permitted, due to medical reasons, to drive with window treatment that would otherwise be illegal and provides that the installer must obtain and store a copy of a doctor's certificate or letter from the person with medical condition in the installer's permanent records.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know you read the last post. But it is a legal now, obviously depending on the vehicle and the amount of tint. But I just did 35% on all 5 windows. Now the only issue is Chicago. They are still ticketing people for no reason, even above the state law. So avoid the city of Chicago. But get your windows tinted, I love it. It's only been 2 weeks, but very happy I did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.