Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my windows tinted so BAD. But people tell me not to tint them because my car is RED which calls bad luck to the cops(Haven't been pulled over yet**Knocking on wood**) and I have black and red rims... What should I do? I don't want to get my driver and passenger side fully tinted because of the law in my state. Can I get some advise?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Tint them. Drive normal and you will be just fine... A bright red is easy to spot so it does draw the cops attention easier, but your not gonna get a ticket just for driving a red car.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Tint them!
I just roll my windows down a little when I see a cop.Or turn on your light in the cab.
A lot of people do like 35% on the drivers side, and 5 or 2.5% on the rest.
So if the cop xhecks your window.. It's legal.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Play with fire get burnt. Do like you said tint back and rear glass, see how you like it and if the cops don't bother you and you want a bit of tint in the front then you'll have the option.

·
Registered
210 Posts
35% is illegal to. i got stopped, and the cop did the test deal and it only lets 35% or the light through. 70% is legal. i didnt take it off though. just paid the ticket and just go. its the contrast that makes the difference. since i'm all yellow and black he thought i was completely blacked out. didn't say a word about my black as hell tails, and side markers.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I just did legal tint all around. I wish I coulda done darker, but its better than risking too much for the hassle. Still though, get pulled over, drop your windows and turn on the dome.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

35% is illegal to. i got stopped, and the cop did the test deal and it only lets 35% or the light through. 70% is legal. i didnt take it off though. just paid the ticket and just go. its the contrast that makes the difference. since i'm all yellow and black he thought i was completely blacked out. didn't say a word about my black as hell tails, and side markers.
ouch. 35% is as stiff as the law gets in the south east, I'd hate to leave it at 70 or higher. boo

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It varies state to state.
You can have 30% in Texas.
But you can't have any % in Alaska.
It just depends on the state.
I have 2.5% on mine all around and haven't got pulled over for it yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got a 2007 balt lt and I'm pretty sure factory tint is 70% all the way around.(which is what I got). If I wanted to tint more, what percentages should I get? I'm from Missouri and I'm pretty sure 35% is legal for the fronts and everywhere else is 20%.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine are tinted 35% front, 20% back... been pulled over, but for something else ( let my registration lapse) and the cop didn't say anything about it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
54 Posts
as long as your not driving like somalian on a cell phone you'll be fine, but you may run into a dick cop that slept on the coach the night before because his wife is sleeping with another man and is pissed off at the world..... just sayin cops can be dicks:suspicious:

·
Registered
658 Posts
In my area there are lots of vehicles with limo style tint. The state limit is 35% so that's what I went with. Good thing too because I've been questioned about it more than once, some people can get away with it some can't.

Look up your state limit and all that. Also here, instead of a ticket I would get a repair order(that means I would have to tear all the tint off, and then drive to the police barracks and have them inspect it or else suspended registration).

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
In my area there are lots of vehicles with limo style tint. The state limit is 35% so that's what I went with. Good thing too because I've been questioned about it more than once, some people can get away with it some can't.

Look up your state limit and all that. Also here, instead of a ticket I would get a repair order(that means I would have to tear all the tint off, and then drive to the police barracks and have them inspect it or else suspended registration).

Fix it ticket :p
You get 30 days to fix it or you pay the ticket.
What I used to do was I'd get a fix it ticket, wait for 3 weeks ( they can't give you another ticket if you already have a fix it ticket issued )
And then tear it off and take it the station

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I don't know what it is in Texas, I don't think they have fix it tickets here in texas

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
or do as is did and go to your doctor and say " the sun gives you headaches and you need window tint) ;) i got pulled over twice and got away with it . i ahve 2.5%all around on a red car with black so it really stands out
you stole that from me.
I have a doctors note for tint too, have had one for almost 2 years.
only for 20% though.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
haha before i had my balt i had another car with 20% all around and a buddy of mine was talking about how he heard about it. so i tried and got it haha
But I have gotten pulled over for the tails being to dark and the tint..
I went to my eye doctor and told him the sun gives me headaches ( it does )
And he wrote me a prescription for tint.
It's like for 25% tint but all the officer does is look at it and say okay.

posted that in my show off ;)

It does actually work though...
but people don't want to try it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.