Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 08 cobalt coupe, imperial blue and I am thinking about putting on some tints but I am not sure what would be the best % so I was wondering what some of you put on your cobalt and how you like it

thank you!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it depends on how legal you want to be. tint laws can vary from city/state so the first step would be to find out what is legal, then decide from there.
you can either ask a police officer, or you should be able to find state/city specific code online.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea its 35% but im not really concerned with that i just want what will look best on the car

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if you dont care about fix-it tickets, you cant go wrong with Limo tint

·
Registered
463 Posts
we can't have anything darker then 35% in my city. and in a city 40 mins south of me we can't have anything other then factory installed tint.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here, it is 50% limit on driver, passenger and rear windshield
and 30% on other side doors

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its 35% but im not really concerned with that i just want what will look best on the car
You will be very concerned when you get a $250 ticket for tint...

My advise... stick with what is legal... unless you have family in the police dept.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had 2.5% and loved it except at night because you couldn't see anything out the sides. I got pulled over for it and got a warning, so I took it off the next day

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well if you have a light interior/gray then I would go with 20%...it almost looks factory and it still looks good. That's what I have light interior and I have light tint. But if I had dark interior I would do the legal 35% cuz the darker the interior the darker the tint looks no matter what percent it is.

·
Registered
130 Posts
well i have a dark interior and 20% tint and I LOVE IT! all you have to do is drive with the window open when you see a cop. I havent been bugged yet

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I had 2% on my pathfinder and I hated it!!! Couldnt see anything backin up or out the sides. I had 5% on my F-150 and loved it. You can see perfectly and it looks very nice. Just try to keep your windows cracked a good bit durring the day and you got a better chance of not getting cought.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In Jersey theres no limit on tint except you cant tint the front door windows or the windshield.

My wifes Mazda 3 has 20% outback and looks good on her medium grey car. I am getting the rear window of the Black Balt done in 5%.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im planning on doing a 15% tint on mine the reason is that only about 1 in 25 cops have tint "readers" where im from. i know this because im studying to be an officer and the leutenant said everybody gets warnings unless you and the cops meet on multiple occasions. haha il take my chances.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nome4u what city are you talkin about

·
Registered
142 Posts
My last balt had 20% on the windshield/front windows and 5% on all three back windows. I'll probably go with 15% all the way around this time since I have black interior plus the back was to damn dark at night with 5%.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.