Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was traveling down to Wilmington on I-40 about a month ago and some jerk in a box truck with dual wheels slung a rock and it cracked my windshield. So I went to Advance in Wilmington and got the Permatex Windshield repair kit and it helped some but not really. I just wanted to make sure the crack didn't run. Well on Tuesday night it got real cold here in NC and sure enough as I left my g/f's house it was fine but I got prolly 8miles down the road and the chip/crack spread to about a 10-12" hairline crack.

I called the insurance co. and they sent someone out this morning around 8:15 and the dude left at 9a. I got a new windshield and it only took 45min or so. That's impressive. The Cobalt looked different/weird without any glass when he was working on it. But he said that these windshields are about the easiest to replace.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah sad part is tho there is tape on the top of the windshield holding it to the roof to make sure the glue cures and it is also raining and it's really cold. It snowed this morning but the rain has melted it:( but neways, yeah...and I have to go to work today. I'm really thinking about calling in sick and using the sick time that I got. LoL! Idk I might.

·
Registered
117 Posts
funny stuff...my dad fixes windshields for a living. owns his own business...so i dont have to worry! thank god cuz houston and surrounding area is CONSTANTLY under construction.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually he said that the glue will be fine within 30min. He said I could drive to school today which I'm suppose to be there but decided not to go due to the rain and new windshield. And the tape is there just to kinda keep it in place. But he said I could take it off tomorrow. But idk...hopefully everything will be good in a few hours. I'm thinkin about runnin the space heater out in the garage to warm it up in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.