Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some great winter tires to get? And how much do you think would be good spending on a set? I dont have Steele's but I have my old black with chrome lip 15" rims with tires still but id like to swap tires in the winter that way I dont mess up my 18" rims. And I do what meaty tires also.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Hankook iPike

·
Registered
91 Posts
General altimax artics I think is what they're called, I've ran a set for the last 2 winters and the do darn good as far as I can tell

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm currently riding on Cooper glacier grip's right now..
I had them for 2 season's in AK, and they did fabulous.
Didn't go in the ditch once. but I also had stud's in them lol.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just had Les Schwab install a set of Dean Wintercat X/T studs on mine last Thursday. It was only an hour wait then and I'm glad I did it then. Now I'm hearing that same place is a 3 hour wait. I'm also glad I did it then because it snowed on my way to work on Friday. The Cobalt just isn't stable on All-Seasons. Already been in the ditch once. So a good set of Winter tires is a good investment.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Winter tires here would get used about 2 days out of the year...Although, it would have been 4 this year, which is unusual.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'm going to need my winter tires today,snowing again. I hate this crap.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Coby, I think it's time to move.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can't trust my car or myself to use All-Seasons in the snow again. I was barely going at a crawl just to get over the mountain a couple years ago. TCS went nuts and, suddenly, my car slid right into the ditch. I was stupid, though, for not putting on my chains when I had a chance.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just rock all seasons. Live in Colorado so snow doesnt usually get too bad but I havent had any issues as long as u drive smartly.
Hey Dustin are you in our club?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.