Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if I can install Rain X blades on my 09 Cobalt. I found them cheap somewhere, but have always just been getting Aamco blades and they just fit on the hook arm for the wiper arms. I see the Rain X ones seem to have some sort of pin system to install them.
Rain X seems to work good, but another bad thing is. I already have a extra set of Aamcos laying around and no receipt to return them if I can go Rain X.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I like the Caps, same principal but the cap is sleeker.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Caps? That a brand name?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yep, like Michelin and Bosch with no pivot points. I also have them on my Mitsubishi. Better than most in winter. They outlast the Michelin and other by 2.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You mean like the reflex blades?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Rain X was the best I could find locally so I got that. They are working great so far

Sent from my EVO

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
rain x cleaner, good, their blades.... eh, they do alright for a little bit but seem to go bad faster then a blade should. Bosch Icon user here.

x2^ i have to try the bosch blades rain x blows!!! They go way to fast n plus the lil wipe stuff to wipe on the windshield works good but it seem to rough on the blades like it make them go faster eh i need new but not the time to get a pair til after holidays....

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Does it clean your window? That's all I need windshield wipers to do lol

Sent from my EVO

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might have to pick up some Rain X just to see if they mount alright. I coulda sworn it is 21 and 17 for the 09 Cobalt? Not 22.
Ocean State Job Lot over this way has them for $5 a piece. You pay like almost $20 a piece in Auto Zone I see.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
ok yea reflex blades. Where you get them from?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
These are the CAPs.... I've had Michelin, rainX, bosch and these outlast them all.

How long have they lasted? I don't even know how long these things suppose to last lol

Sent from my EVO

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Second winter on Cobalt (15 months now) and probably 5 years on the Mitsubishi. But I've replaced both at one point that were broken by falling ice from trees. I get these at WalMart just beside the RainX ones, about the same price, maybe a buck an inch.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
^ those are on my MX-5, hate 'em, not sure how old they are but do not appear to be too old. I just haven't had time or can remember to get new ones for it. Plus I do not typically drive it if its raining if I can help it, got the truck for that. Might be the weather and really warm months down here that kills wipers but I've always had good luck with bosch.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I love driving in the rain

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.