Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently i have been having a problem with my wipers, i have an 05 base model and only the drivers side wiper is working and the passenger side will kick on out of sync of the drivers side and they hang up. anybody else come across this problem? if so what did you or the dealer have to do to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Sounds like you have a broken passenger side linkage. Since both blades are connected to the motor at the same place, if your driver wiper is working then the passenger linkage may have come off or is broken. Don't keep using them until you can get them fixed -- could cause more damage. If you have any luck you may find that the fastener screw has come out of the passenger side's linkage -- it is located under the passenger side wiper arm shaft (small arm attached to the main linkage) -- and still under the air inlet grille.

The wiper motor and linkage is under the air inlet grille panel. To get to it you will need to take off the hood seal, the wiper arms, 4 fasteners, the washer nozzles, and disconnect the washer tube. If you've never done this before take it to someone who has.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.