Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX OBD-II Scan Tool USB Interface with OBDwiz Diagnostic Software : Amazon.com : Automotive

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I bought this after doing a bit of research on chipsets. The only downside is it's not a wifi device, but I almost always have my laptop with me, so not a big con. You can also upgrade to really good software for advanced diagnostics if you ever need. But for me, this met all of my needs at a fair price.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey

i use torque and i absolutely love it :love:

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

also just researched rev and everyone hates it and they dont have customer support anymore

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I have the plX kiwi obd2 wifi and use the full version of rev on my iPod touch. Works pretty good. I haven't had any problems yet and I've owned/used it for a couple years now

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the plX kiwi obd2 wifi and use the full version of rev on my iPod touch. Works pretty good. I haven't had any problems yet and I've owned/used it for a couple years now
look up the download....all the comments are negative...no personal experience just going off that

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am doing a lot of research right now on GMLAN and OBD2 Communication. I have found free shareware that will monitor a TON of vehicle functions as well as modify some. The one that was the most "complete has seemed to be Haltech's

Software | Haltech - Engine Management Systems

ALSO. I found a generic Tech 2 for less than $500!!!!

GM Tech-2 PRO Kit With CANDI Interface

[Now BEFORE you go d/l or buying either of these I need to say that after reading some technical data do NOT go trying to "Tune" anything unless you really know what you are doing. I am only looking to activate and program 2-4 ports on the BCM for some special accessory lighting and to attempt to verify my car is in good condition as it was a Reconstructed Title due to an Electrical Fire]

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That is a good price for a Tech 2, sorry to say I paid a lot more for mine.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

I find the Tech 2- Torque Pro combination works great for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.