Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I pulled out the trim on the left side of the steering wheel today and noticed an unconnected wire harness for something. Im not sure what. it was taped to the wire harness for the light dimmer knob, I am REALLY curious what it is and why its just dangling there. its got black (w/white stripe), orange, & gray wires leading too it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
thats interesting because i dont remember seeing those wires when i redid my interior. what year is your cobalt?

·
Registered
610 Posts
now thats really odd. hopefully you didnt disconnect something on accident, but you said it was taped so thats probably not the case.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have the same thing in my 06 LS and from what I could tell from a wiring schematic I think its for the factory fog light button

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now thats really odd. hopefully you didnt disconnect something on accident, but you said it was taped so thats probably not the case.
yea, i removed the tape for picture purposes (it was just one little piece)

I have the same thing in my 06 LS and from what I could tell from a wiring schematic I think its for the factory fog light button
Well that makes sense, would this mean i already have a wiring harness for the fogs? and all i have to do is the the bulbs?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I did a little research, it is most definitely a wiring harness for factory fogs.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well that makes sense, would this mean i already have a wiring harness for the fogs? and all i have to do is the the bulbs?
From what I have seen there is no wiring harness under the hood for the fog lights, at least not on my LS that I have been able to find. On the LT there might be due to the fact that fogs were an option. If I remember correctly from the diagram I looked at the orange wire goes to the BCM. From there a yellow wire goes into the fuse box under the hood to a relay. From the relay there are 2 purple wires that go to the fog lights. It may be possible to trace these wires to find a harness or at least use these for the positive connection on the lights and install a factory switch to get fogs to work. Again this is all theory, I have not actually tried any of this

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alrighty. Thanks for your help guys. I'll check now, as im about to wash my car.
BTW, do any of you know if the rust warranty covers things like the axle or other metal parts like that, or is it SOLELY the body sheet metal?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.