Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiring Harness

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Salent 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy an aftermarket stereo but i have run into a bit of a problem concerning the wiring harness. A local audio store said that i need to buy a special 90 dollar wiring harness or else the radio will not work and i will also lose the information center. Is this correct?

#4 ·
you do NOT have to buy the $90-$100 wiring harness. i got mine from a local shop for $30 but you lose the door dinger/ajar sounds and steering wheel control. i dont know where mine came from, but it wasnt $90.

#6 ·
not all of the steering wheel controls. just the radio's. i mean if they mean THAT much to ya then buy it, but i said eff that i'll save the $70.

#7 ·
Okay, I was starting to get a lil bit paranoid about it. I don't have radio controls on my wheel so it doesn't matter, blame it on lack of sleep but for some reason I was worried about the cruise control...
And yeah, the clicking/dinging isn't worth $70 imo. Though I will miss how my turn signals can drive certain people I know up the wall.

#8 ·
haha yeah i was driving my mom's 09 and i heard all the dingers and it started to piss me off. i was like "wtf is that NOISE?!" OH YEEEEEAH..i forgot this thing used to have these"

#9 ·
and your cruise controls and driver info center will be fine. do you have onstar?

#10 · (Edited)
No OnStar for me. My Cobalt's about as bare-bones as it gets. OnStar kind of creeps me out really.

That is funny though. The turn signal clicks are apparently loud enough to be heard over the phone... I think it's hilarious, my boyfriend just thinks it's annoying as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.