Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be okay (no scraping I mean) with my stock 15s for now? I would think I would still, I just need to know for sure so they can last me until I can get together the money for some 18s.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hell yea man! just watch it when u back out of steep driveways....it scrapes the black lip under the bumper.....but even with the 16s on it still does a bit...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
depending on where you live you should be...you'll need to take off you bump stops...heres mine lowered 2.0/2.25 rollin on steelies...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Where in the hell are the bump stops everyone is talking about

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet haha. I just need $75 more and I'm set for getting them. And the bump stop thing confuses me...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Where in the hell are the bump stops everyone is talking about
I outlined the bumpstop with a thin white line, its under the front bumper...inside the box and at the end of the arrow...sorry for being blunt...lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I know what you're referring to, so you have to remove those otherwise it'll scrape?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
well i mustve mbeen misinformed xfe...lol...well thats what scrapes on mine and its gone now.lmao...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yea thats not a bump stop
thats a thing that idk protects the bumper or some shit idk what the point of it is but it isnt a bumpstop

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha well I'm clueless as well so if you could explain what to do during installation it'd be good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the bump stop keep ur car from squatting too far if u hit a bump so that nothing will scrape.. i have on sportlines and directions said to cut the bump stops shorter but i did not do anything because i was tired and just wanted them on. any ways, no problems at all so i wouldnt even worry about it

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well as long as it tells what to remove or whatever in the installation guide.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.