Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Well guys with winter coming very fast and the end of the year, It's time that we look at what we have done to our cars in a year and to our future mods! For some of us, it is time to put the cars away for the winter and that only means one thing! A car that is able to be moded in a nice little garage.

So tell us what mods you were able to get this year, and your plans for next year! Were you happy with what you were able to accomplish? What do you wish you could have done?

DONT FORGET TO POST BEFORE AND AFTER PICS IF YOU HAVE ANY!

---------------------------

I'll start, with this year being the first year I've had my car, I am amazed of what I was able to do to my car, and the way it looks now from before! I got my bank account to prove it unfortunately! This year I had allot of big ticket items to buy, due to buying my car bone stock with no extra options! I can tell you I've probably spent 5000$ this year easily. Rims, tires, coilovers, lambo doors, electrical window conversion, ss door panels... The list goes on.

To sum it up, I am really happy what I accomplished in a year, This year I really concentrated on the visual aspect of my car, I really needed the tires rims and suspension. I love how my car is now power everything over manual, and the new ss panels are looking good!

The only thing I can say I regret, is spending so much money this year. XD

BEFORE RIGHT BEFORE DRIVING OFF THE DEALERSHIP

NOW

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I blew mine up and started a whole new engine build after putting only 1200miles on the whole setup lol

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
planning to get my bumper painted and powder-coating my SS/SC rims

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Hope that girl washed her hands before laying her jean snap on your hood.....

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Was a big year for Janey, punched out some dents and dings and repainted half the car. CAI, full exhaust, FE5 shocks and fancy springs. Best investment I made this year was a new set of X-ice xi3 tires. I don't plan on putting her away for the winter, if anything winter gives me a chance to practice my rallying (which needs alot work if I'm honest) I don't believe in babying a car. Future mods? Plan to complete my bolt-ons and get a tune, along with maybe picking up some My Little Pony decals or similar, just because I can :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
This was my first year with it. Got my sound system done, rims, headlight retro, tail light retro, and some smaller stuffs. Could have it most of the way paid off if I used the $$ to pay on the loan instead of the fun stuff.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Well my plans I had done this past year (new rims and tire, lowered, ss bumper/fog lights, maybe a few more I don't remember.)

Mods im going to try to finish before the season ends( plastidip whole car light blue & maybe possible sc it.)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Water pump, thermostat, right front wheel bearing. Oh I also put gas in it :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Changed brakes, fuel filter lol, new lug nuts haha

Fun stuff: Gen 3 headlights, 18" rims that I plan to work on during the winter, 55w HID low beams/35w HID high beams, CAI (still need to put it in), relay harnesses LMFAO, Re plastidipped emblems, removed Wilson sticker (dealer), tinted license plate coveres

Next year: FE5 struts/shocks, springs (havent decided which yet), fix paint peeling on drivers side door bottom

Ill try get a few pics later on in the day and post them

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Changed oil, couple sets of HID's, painted wheels, installed short antenna, tinted windows 3 times, tinted tail's, ZZP intake tube with K&N drop in, hit a couple cats, took my car halfway across the world, changed oil again.., new plugs, cleaned engine bay, thought about getting a catback, but didn't, and put 36K miles on my car since last October.

next year:
Slam it, new wheels, catback but probably not.
maybe retro's..

·
Registered
675 Posts
This year i got some eibach sportlines, fe5 shocks and struts, moog endlinks, zzp stainless steal exhaust, rims an tires, blacked out my tailights an got new headlights. Now its time to put on the winter rims and save up for a zzp catless dp and headers and some other stuff

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
28 Posts
well this year.. I got a progress rear sway, dc intake, k sport springs (on the way), removed my stripes, and have painted some various items around the car.

Next year I think I'll do some retros, fe5 suspension, wheels & tires, maybe an sc build (fingers crossed) :toung:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.