Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother has a 2006 cobalt base model I think, I’m trying to help him figure out what wrong with it he has a fairly new battery, he thinks he left the lights on and it wouldn’t start so he had a friend give him a boost he hooked the cables directly to the battery in the trunk but the car wouldn’t crank and he says none of the lights would come on so I don’t think it’s getting any power. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, merry Xmas 🎄

·
Registered
139 Posts
A very dead battery can drain the jumper battery too. I would start by removing the dead one and charging it overnight with a good charger. Then test. Or take a known good battery and swap that in. Then try it. If still dead with a fresh battery then start troubleshooting up at the underhood fuse center. The big red battery cable comes in from the trunk mounted battery and that is where to start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So my brother has a 2006 cobalt base model I think, I’m trying to help him figure out what wrong with it he has a fairly new battery, he thinks he left the lights on and it wouldn’t start so he had a friend give him a boost he hooked the cables directly to the battery in the trunk but the car wouldn’t crank and he says none of the lights would come on so I don’t think it’s getting any power. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, merry Xmas 🎄
Get a post cleaner and make sure there is no build up on both the connector and posts, make sure there is a good connection at the juction fuse box or, try the battery in the trunk if one don't work try the other. You can check the crank fuse and or relay there is a map of the fuse box under the lid to the box. good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts