Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured since we don't have anything like this that I know of.. let's talk about our workouts. You can share your goals for what you want to achieve through working out, talk about types of yoga you do to calm you down, or just talk about how much you've grown physically or mentally with the help of working out. Share tips you may have, or problems you've overcome. Share it all, YC!

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I lift weights. I am 19 about 6 feet tall and weigh 240 pounds with I would estimate about 22-24% body fat.. yes I'm working on that lol. I am very fortunate because my genes allow me to grow pretty quick. I was always a bit bigger than the average person my age when I didn't lift. I am not huge or in amazing shape, I lift for a hobby. I enjoy it and it is awesome for stress relief. I plan on cutting to about 225-230 pounds and then I'll see where I wanna go from there. I have learned through my gym experiments that for me the amount of weight on the barbell isn't the most important thing for growing. For me, pushing until muscle failure(can't do anymore reps) is the key. So whether I have 160lbs on the shoulder press or 190lbs. as long as I push until I can't do another rep each set I grow faster than 4-6 rep sets. Also less weight reduces injuries due to poor form. If you push hard and try your best (with everything in life not just working out) you will see great results.

Hopefully this produces some more activity :) join in!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i've been working out for 3 days a week the past year, before that i only worked out in high school since i was in the football team. I do it as a hobby also because working out is fun just like working on cars, it's also very stress relieving (i don't have much stress but works great to blow off steam). My fav workout is squatting though, i love lower body workouts a whole lots

Me and my buddies recently started playing handball as a way of doing some cardio, we play for about 3 hours straight and we feel its better than just regular ol running.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I used to jog 5 miles a day.. then I broke my ankle and had surgery and that just stopped. I do like sports though. Pretty much anything. My favorite body part to workout would have to be shoulders. Idk why lol

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I did like squatting. Since surgery I haven't really squatted heavy.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I lift sometimes and I recently decide to train for a 5k and eventually a marathon. I need more weights for the bench, I only have 80 plus the bar.

In high school I could easily bench 200. Want to get back to that.
I am at my highest for benching right now. I am repping 260lbs right now and I also don't have enough weights. Idk what my Max would be. You'll get back to your high school weights pretty quickly when you do get more weights though.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

I've heard p90x and insanity are pretty intense

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've heard p90x and insanity are pretty intense
They are pretty intense. P90X uses free weights while Insanity is all body weight. Either way, they both increase cardiovascular health greatly! Insanity is cardio heavy.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

No one is talking about diet!

Food - thats THE most important part of a healthy lifestyle and getting fit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
List of mistakes people make
1.Poor diet
2.same routine
3. too long of a work out
4. too short of a work out
5.Not knowing weight makes size
6. Not knowing reps makes lean muscle

Sensei, strength trainer, boxing coach and personal trainer

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I used to be overweight for a good portion of my life. At my peak I was 250 at 6'1''. Probably not so bad, but I developed an inferiority complex because of it. One day I decided I didn't want to live that way anymore, and decided to join a gym and take up a crash diet. All I did was cardio, alternating a half hour each of running, biking and elliptical for 5 days a week. My diet consisted mostly of salads and cereal. Rice Krispies, Speciak K and Corn Flakes, all with skim milk. I lost 91 pounds in 8 months to my peak low of 159. I was weak as a kitten and had no energy to spare, but I was thin. Since then I've settled at 185 and I think I'm at a healthy weight right now. My upper body strength is nothing to brag about, but I have the strongest legs out of all my friends. I don't work out anymore, but I do enjoy long runs. I'd like to tackle a half marathon one day.

Last time I went to a gym I pulled my sciatic nerve and was crippled for a week.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
List of mistakes people make
1.Poor diet
2.same routine
3. too long of a work out
4. too short of a work out
5.Not knowing weight makes size
6. Not knowing reps makes lean muscle

Sensei, strength trainer, boxing coach and personal trainer
Yep. My diet is ok. I don't do like I used to though. I just don't eat fried food, very little sugar, and I know what foods are bad for me. So I limit myself on how much I eat. My workouts range from 40 minutes to hours lol. Just depends on what I want. I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Oh my PJ! That was a terrible diet!! Mistake #7. Starving to lose weight! Glad your healthy now. Gym is not for everybody but exercise is a must!

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

My big mistake is forgetting to eat!!

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Over the past few months, ive lost about 35 pounds and hitting the gym hard along with changing eating habits. 5' 4" and weighed 191. Started running, strength training and circuit training. Down to 157 the last time I weighed myself a few weeks ago and feel awesome. I've done a few races since and continue to get PR's and just keep getting better. HIIT is awesome and id suggest it to anyone trying to tone up too. Protein is key. I eat a lot more now than I did before but its healthier and more meals throughout the day

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Before

current

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great job BankerBalt but we didn't meed to see your sexiness! We would have believe you! Ha!! Jokes!! Yup protein. I take a pre workout, creatine and protein.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome job baNker. You definitely worked hard. Not easy to do. Another tip I find useful. Don't go on a "diet" they never work. Instead think of it as changing your lifestyle. You don't need to make progress all at once. I've found out the faster you lose fat the faster you can put it back on.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm working on getting down to around 20% body fat. I would be happy there. I wanna get back into fighting shape lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.