Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my OEM stock headlights have noticable spider cracks. It's not affecting night time driving, during the day though you can clearly see them, which makes them look hazy. As my title asks, would a headlight restoration correct this?

P.S. I have searched every way possible to for "spider cracked headlights" and didn't see the answer I was looking for/hoping to find on the subject.

If this has been posted before, please direct me to the right post/topic.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If its an actual crack then nothing I know of can restore them. So if you can run your fingers over them and feel the crack or stick your finger nail in it then you need some new ones

Is the "haze" you see actually moisture inside the light?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You will need new ones.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Great time to go Gen4 or buy OEM from someone who did.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really do appreciate the responses. Took a real hard and long look at both headlights yesterday afternoon, and today. I've decided to buy a brand new set of OEM headlights. Just trying to keep my car as stock as possible on the outside.

I'm kinda on a budget at the moment, yet I saw an OEM set on Amazon for a really good price. Trying to avoid going to dealer unless I ultimately have to. I'd love to go with a set of aftermarkets with HID's, but those may have to wait for now.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
When your new ones come in try to use the turtle wax restoration kit. It is actually worth it. If they clean up, you can sell your used ones and get some money back, if not, then youre only out another $10.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leveecius, thanks for that helpful insight, really appreciate it. I have one question: Although I've seen this asked before in other posts, would it wise to install HID's with the stock headlight assemblies? Besides reading about the glare towards oncoming traffic, just interested in knowing exactly what other pro's and con's may be. Not trying or wanting to beat a dead horse. I don't want to waste the money if it's not worth it.

Please don't "bash" me for asking this, whoever may reply. I'd just rather have all the input I can knowing if this is really a wise decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.