Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would wet sanding our headlights then polishing them ruin them? The reason why I ask is mine have pits from rocks and a scuff on one.

Would it make them cloudy?

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you do it right it will work. I wet sanded and polished the headlights on my Sunfire and it looked awesome! Be patient with it and the rewards will be grand!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Do I smell a how to? lol

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I would deff. do it if there was a how to

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Would wet sanding our headlights then polishing them ruin them? The reason why I ask is mine have pits from rocks and a scuff on one.

Would it make them cloudy?
That is kinda how they get rid of cloudy headlights, but getting rid of the rock pits and scuff, maybe not.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok after buying a kit from Canadian Tire for restoring plastic headlights, my lights are really foggy , but are fine looking when wet. So what should I do know? Buy a better polish then what came in the kit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
i bought a kit made by turtle wax from walmart for like $10 for my wifes grand am and it worked pretty good, they don't look brand new but they look a lot better... just use it in a well ventilated area... i started to do it at my kitchen table and ended up taking it outside

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ok after buying a kit from Canadian Tire for restoring plastic headlights, my lights are really foggy , but are fine looking when wet. So what should I do know? Buy a better polish then what came in the kit?
That's probably what I would do. Or try another coat with a some more elbow grease, lol.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
you guys need to understand the concept here before we go buying kits and ruining headlights. wet sanding lights is not gonna magically make your headlights clear. you're using an abrasive to take down the finish. it's like a paint job. you go coarse to fine. like i said, 600, 1500, 2000, compound then polish. don't even bother compounding or polishing by hand. get one of those mothers power balls or something. you need a machine to properly re-finish the surface. you'd have no arm left doing it by hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.