Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i learned today that when you install a aftermarket head unit you need to not be cheep and buy the 115 dollar wire harness. its connected with the airbags and all bunch of crap. if you buy the cheep walmart 10 dollar one, you will short circuit a million things in your coablt. just from my experience. thats what i found out.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nawh, nothing damaged that i know of. when i turn on my signals, my car locks up like completely, then it gets goin again, all the guages like die, then come back and then my cars fine. but on another topic, why does my car stall when i have the ac running for awhile? anyone know? thanks.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
you can be cheap. you dont need a wiring harness, just snip the wires on the factory harness. thats what ive done in the past

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
its always more work but its $115 you dont have to spend then

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
yeah and i love your quote under your signature haha
why thank you lol. its cause my old car was a 2000 civic and it was pretty quick(I could beat v6 stangs all day and my top speed I'd hit was 227 km/h) but by the time i got my cobalt, it needed a tune up so bad i couldn't beat his 117hp honda fit:notrust:...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hmm I guess it's good that my dad got pushy about buying the recommended one then. Now if it would just freakin get here already so I can use my iPod again...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
When i was installing ym headunit, i went to my local car audio place and said i need a wire harness for a 06 cobalt lt.

The guy went in the back came out with a package that said 04-05 ion, told me it would work and charged me 20$.
Never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya i cant see paying that much for any harness. ive done a couple cars where i felt like being lazy and just got em to buy the harness and they were under $20 from a stereo store and worked perfect

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When i was installing ym headunit, i went to my local car audio place and said i need a wire harness for a 06 cobalt lt.

The guy went in the back came out with a package that said 04-05 ion, told me it would work and charged me 20$.
Never had a problem with it.
ferreal?? i dont really wanna spend 120 on a harness, i just took my car to a local garage and its getting fixed!!!!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
its pointless. you can get one that works perfect for 19.99

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.