Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my cobalt today, on a oil/gravel road...the rear end slipped out and hit a clay berm at about 30mph...i blew my radiator up, destroyed my 4 radiator support braces...nothing else is wrong with my car...but removing the radiator and fan shroud and some other things is a pita...i am completely distraught but im learning something new about my car (how to fix the cooling system) now i have to drive a shitty ol 88 honda accord hahaha wel wish me luck to fix my cobalt

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Atleast your okay, it could have been worse. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Man, that sucks to hear. Hope it goes back together well!

·
Registered
745 Posts
3 years ago i sold my honda crv for 900$ because i didnt know how to fix my cooling system. now i feel like a jack because its the easiest thing in the world. so yeah feel free to ask questions, and we'll all help the best we can!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i cant disconnect the fan harness on the back of the fan...that stupid black red and grey connector...ive sheared all my radiator bolts and the support arms are bent as hell...i can bend those back i assume...and the tow hooks are bent...none of the frame is thank god..and only got 2 days to fix it...any cobalters around chapel hill, NC please help on monday or tuesday next week (Aug 9-10) just message me or txt 818-5714 im in desperate measures...

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

and does anyone know what i need other than a radiator? and some time?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good thing you're okay. I've encountered quite a few of those gravel/oil roads over the past few weeks. They always make me nervous. Anyone know why they do that?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good thing you're okay. I've encountered quite a few of those gravel/oil roads over the past few weeks. They always make me nervous. Anyone know why they do that?
I think they do it where there is snow regularly because the roads get trashed and repaving them every year would cost a lot.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Another wreck Balt =( GLad you are ok though!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think they do it where there is snow regularly because the roads get trashed and repaving them every year would cost a lot.
Man, PennDOT comes up with some bad ideas. Those roads are like driving on ice. I get the concept but it seems a little risky to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was chillin at 226*
I don't know why it's doing that...maybe because its all new coolant and radiator...combined with the heat here...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
sorry to hear that you wrecked, i also wrecked on the 4th, also on newly tar/graveled road, and i too destroyed my cooling system. But you shouldnt be running that high i would say double check eveything

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
10-4 ill check everything when i have a day off...i hope it all goes well...nothing is leaking and it drank some dang coolant haha

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ran it today...runs like a champ...drove it like i stole it and doesnt get above 200...so i am very happy my balt is fixed! now i just have to cope with a slightly cracked bumper...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.