Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not what you're thinking but read and respond anyway...

I bought some smoked taillights from rokucreations on ebay. They are very similar to the MRZ taillights, but a bit cheaper. I was wondering if anyone else purchased them or had the same problem I have. The hole that is drilled on the back isn't the proper cut. When lcoked into place, the bulb faces different directions. One faces the wrong direction and the other doesn't completely lock in because of the vent shaft.

I put them in, put my bulbs in, and the left side was facing the right way, but the bulb when locking into place would hit the vent shaft. (These are the inner lights only.) The other side, the right side, locked in, but faced off to the right so I couldn't even plug the connection in. I managed to stretch the cord, but then the cover for the lights wouldn't slide back on. It was pretty ridiculous.

Has anyone else purchased a set of these taillights? How did yours fit? They are the lights with the ring LED on the outside, and euro style inners

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You're gonna have to find a pic. I cannot find that seller on ebay.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hmm.. ebay must be case sensitive on its seller search.

Anyways, the 2nd link are the ones I also have. I don't have an issue with the reverse lights.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must have just got a shady pair. I e-mailed the company, and I'm going to see if there isn't a number I can call Monday. They aren't open on the weekends... :(

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I had this problem with mine as well. finally after messing around with them enough I found out that I could just keep turning it until it was in the right location. Aftermarket stuff is crappy sometimes and you just have to deal with it or figure out a way to be smarter than it lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you just spun it all the way around and it didn't break the bulbs/housing/anything? Also, how'd you deal with the prongs that weren't big enough for the stock self-tapping nuts?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yeah i was a little nervous about spinning it more but I said what the heck and did it anyway. it worked lol. This took me around 8 months until I tried it though haha. oh yeah I totally forgot about the nut not fitting!!! hahahahahaaaa. I just happened to have some smaller ones of the same kind laying around so I used those. I have lots of crap that I keep and it payed off this time lol.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, do you think I should send the item back and see if I can get a pair that works or just try spinning it? I'm a bit nervous it will break. I really don't want to burn $110.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
well chances are if you get another set they will be the same since mine were like that too. IDK man. your call i guess.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've also considered taking the stock backings and sealing those onto the new smoked lens. What do you think of that idea?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I like that idea. if they will fit and the inside is the same reflective stuff and all that. I say try it. might be sketchy though depending on how the stock backing is.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yeah i was a little nervous about spinning it more but I said what the heck and did it anyway. it worked lol. This took me around 8 months until I tried it though haha. oh yeah I totally forgot about the nut not fitting!!! hahahahahaaaa. I just happened to have some smaller ones of the same kind laying around so I used those. I have lots of crap that I keep and it payed off this time lol.
Yeah, I had to go to the hardware store to get nuts that fit. I got looked at funny carrying a reverse light into the hardware store.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I've also considered taking the stock backings and sealing those onto the new smoked lens. What do you think of that idea?
Not sure if it'll work. They might differ just enough to screw that up.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you have the same problem with your holes? Did you have to spin your lights all the way around?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.