Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cobalt and I have a hunt going on. I intend on making my SS/TC into a WRX STI Killer. Any suggestions as far as parts and upgrades.

I am already looking at mostly Hahn upgrades, just wanted everyones imput.

I have already killed stock STI's with my stock TC, but I came across this dude and my hat is off to him, i don't know what the hell he did to that WRX but holyshit, that thing had ballz. So now my car is angry and wants revenge.

·
Registered
381 Posts
No matter how much you mod your TC it will NEVER keep up with a well-built STI. Feel free to beat up on stock ones, though (unless it's from a dig).

·
Registered
126 Posts
^A really fat wallet. Granted, those STI boys have to spend some serious coin as well to put down some power. I have a buddy with a project 'Ru and his is pretty sick. But he has also thrown damn near 6k in the engine.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
You can make anything fast - it's all about how much money and time you have - and who you know. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Well...there is a TC down at the local track with a FMIC, boost controller, turbo back, hard piping, intake, and tune...he threw down COUNTLESS 12.6x-12.8x's...and it was still 70+* outside. I think with DR's or slicks that thing would run low 12's...plnety of room for improvement...bigger turbo...ported head, meth injection and or E85 with more boost...I don't see why 11's aren't out of the question...plus, that's PLENTY for a STi to handle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh, I know it can be done, will just take some time, money, a good setup and some hours at the dyno. With some tinkering and toying around as well as some track time, he will get his numbers down.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh for sure, I don't disagree with you there. For a SS/TC it is nice to put a package together and kill a stock STI for way less than they paid for their ride.

But the problem I see around me, and in the Twin Cities area, is that the clowns that can afford an STI usually start putting some pretty big upgrades on them to beat up on the middle-age-crisis-vette owners.

So I guess I was just speaking for my area and what I see around me. To keep up with them, it takes a lot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bolt-ons and a tune will be a good start. And don't forget a sticky set of tires. The more power you add, the harder it's going to be to get that power to the ground especially with FWD without good tires.

Good luck though man. Trying to kill modded STIs (especially the newer ones :blink:) is like going shark hunting without a cage. The hunter can easily become the hunted.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
im trying to plan out everything i will need in order to make mine into a BEAST. Lucky 4 me i will be deploying soon an will have that 1yr to let more products come out for my new SS/TC an to start seeing what other ppl have done. Not to mention the tax free bank i will have when i get back will be more than enough to build the car up. Soon as i start my planning i will post everything i want done 2 the car with pics soon as the car is ready. Goin to do performance then i will do body/interior work after that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.